Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
From what I understand if it seems to good to be true then it is.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Pure Law said:
no chip alone will give that much horsepower increase....usually a waste of money...and for that price...you are simply buying electrodes...with no increase in anything..most reputable companies that sell those..advertise 100-200 a chip.....seems way too good to be true....be happy with your stock solstice....she is a beauty just like she is!!!

·
Registered
535 Posts
What that likely is is a 0.39 cent resistor in a box. You put it inline with with your MAF and it causes more fuel to be dumped into your mixture. I'm not aware of any recent vehicle that would benefit from this piece of crap. If manufacturers made cars that ran too lean you would have people putting holes in their pistons. Most cars run fine in open loop and are running quite rich under WOT. Usually you add a fuel tuner to trim out fuel on most cars.

·
Premium Member
4,041 Posts
What I like is how advertisers like this tell you that you will get up to a ...% increase. They aren't telling you that you will get the increase, they are telling you that you won't get over the advertised increase. If you even get a 1% increase it is within their advertised amount and they have not lied to you. Ah, the power of advertising.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Ex-Miata Man said:
What I like is how advertisers like this tell you that you will get up to a ...% increase. They aren't telling you that you will get the increase, they are telling you that you won't get over the advertised increase. If you even get a 1% increase it is within their advertised amount and they have not lied to you. Ah, the power of advertising.
Or the power of telling a story the way you want it to be heard, so that the product looks MUCH better than it really is?? ;)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Doggone it, I was going to get it, then I saw this:

* Will NOT work with Supercharged, GTP, Diesel or Turbo Engines *

So, it won't work on my diesel Solstice!

EDIT NOTE: He's got 12 pages of vehicles for which he offers these chips. But he uses an AOL email address, so I gotta have my doubts.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thank god there are 0 bids for that one.

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Wonder if I can take it back :(

·
Registered
157 Posts
bradyb said:
I can't wait until someone asks if this works:
super charge any car!.

stupid stupid people
about a month or more back, there was a video of some fellas that connected a leaf blower to their car while on a dyno and it did give a healthy boost in power. This one might acutally work.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
A fan is a fan is a fan, whether a turbo,a supercharger, or a clothesdryer exhaust fan. The concept is the same, just execution is different. If you can produce around 5 psi boost you will see results. Don't forget, RamAir works also.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
That was great, Darkhamr. I'm checking at gmpartsdirect.com right now to see if it's available yet. :leaving:

·
Registered
139 Posts
11WHEEL HP?!?! Some of those rice burners pay $500-700 of full exhaust systems (header [lol] included) to gain a measly 5 hp and reduced torque.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts