Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am i right in thinking that this the 100,002 one off the line at PMD.........
VIN................. 8Y100002

2008 GXP.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
And I believe there were about 100k Kappa TOTAL made.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Am i right in thinking that this the 100,002 one off the line at PMD.........
VIN................. 8Y100002

2008 GXP.
Ignore the 1 following the Y. This is likely to be the 2nd 2008 MY Kappa to roll down the line. The VINs were mixed for 2008 and 2009 between Solstice, Sky, Opel Gt and Daewoo.

·
Super Moderator
16,388 Posts
To make it even more interesting, there is considerable evidence that the production included running engineering / design changes within a single model year. As an example, MM and I both have same MY cars but mine was produced a couple months after his and has a different wiring harness. Thus the 09 steering wheel was a direct fit for mine and not for his.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ignore the 1 following the Y. This is likely to be the 2nd 2008 MY Kappa to roll down the line. The VINs were mixed for 2008 and 2009 between Solstice, Sky, Opel Gt and Daewoo.
Well that's kinda cool:cool: I had a feeling it might've been that since it was manufactured near end of April 2007 for the 2008 production year. Does this give me some kind of bragging rights.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,472 Posts
Well that's kinda cool:cool: I had a feeling it might've been that since it was manufactured near end of April 2007 for the 2008 production year. Does this give me some kind of bragging rights.
The normal cutover between model years at Wilmington was mid-June. So 8Y100002 was one of the pre-production 2008s made prior to the cutover. It was probably executive driven and then released into the dealer used market after serving its initial use.

:cool::yesnod:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The normal cut over between model years at Wilmington was mid-June. So 8Y100002 was one of the pre-production 2008s made prior to the cut over. It was probably executive driven and then released into the dealer used market after serving its initial use.

:cool::yesnod:
So after some searching and carfax it appears you were BANG ON. It is the second SOLSTICE built for the 08 model year and was GM corporate fleet driven for about 6 months then went to auction after auction for dealers.and finally ending up here. And according to the RPO codes its 1 of 2 whether or not thats accurate,its sounds good to me :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts