Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I got the part changed out, didn't take long and tomorrow I take her for a test run. I'm going to get the CEL cleared and see what occurs. I'm hoping for good news

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So the final results are in, after changing out the intake tube, I took it to the auto parts store, and at first the OBD II came up no codes. I cleared it, turned the car on then off, then on again, CEL came up and this time gave me the codes for both the intake and exhaust actuator solenoids. Replacing them this week. My baby is gonna be back up to snuff and I'd like to take the opportunity to thank everyone for their support and assistance with this issue. I'm still confused as to why it was throwing me the no codes readings but I'm not as concerned about it as I once was.

·
Registered
101 Posts
There is likely a certain electronic threshold that determines when a code will be generated. Sounds like it was just a borderline situation. Hope all goes well. Let us know. I really enjoy my '09 GXP with the GM Turbo upgrade. My own car is running as well as it ever did after I corrected the problem of leakage around the o-rings as explained in my posts. If your car still has the thin sheet metal plate under the tunnel, look into the reinforcing plates sold by DDM Works. It really improves the handling in curves by stiffening up the chassis. Also, Dave, of DDM Works is very helpful with problems. Enjoy!

grandpop09

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
So, great news from this member! I changed both of the solenoids last night. Since I don't have my own OBD scanner yet, I was left with the CEL but when I turned her over I noticed an immediate difference in the sound of the engine running. Still uncertain, I didn't get on her, safety over all. I parked her at work today, the CEL still on in the dash. After a very long day, I came out and started her up, doing a double take as I noticed for the first time that my CEL was gone! Mood lifter for real. Thank you all for everything in this thread. And ironically, I was thinking of that very same backbone for my next upgrade grandpop09. I'm well on my way. Thank you again.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts