Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read on another post in this forum site that the top for the solstice will cost an extra 5k? I'm not sure I'm getting all the facts....Hopefully somebody knows what the deal is with this car. I'm hoping to spend no more than 22k on this car and if the base price is 19,995 plus the 5k top...24,995 is a little out of my price range. :willy:

·
4,592 Posts
My SOULstice said:
I just read on another post in this forum site that the top for the solstice will cost an extra 5k? I'm not sure I'm getting all the facts....Hopefully somebody knows what the deal is with this car. I'm hoping to spend no more than 22k on this car and if the base price is 19,995 plus the 5k top...24,995 is a little out of my price range. :willy:
I think you're a victim of a joke, hopefully not mine. the top will be included with the price of the car.

Now, here's a joke: as we've not seen a real production top yet, it may not have a top but rather an umbrella mounted on the winhshield header :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Actually, it would be pretty funny if Pontiac did make tha top an option instead of standard, never know.......... :lol:

again, that was a joke, it is impossible they would not include a top as a base feature.

·
5,600 Posts
There will be a top, but there won't be a trunk. :D

·
4,592 Posts
jimbo said:
There will be a top, but there won't be a trunk. :D
watch it, that may not be interpreted as a joke......oh wait......maybe it's not a joke :lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Someday, I'd like to meet up with you all! Occassionally (Actually quite often) I really get a chuckle from reading all the posts ;) . Hmmmm.... A Solstice "Reunion" Club....Hmmm.... Perhaps an idea!

·
Registered
338 Posts
dlent said:
Someday, I'd like to meet up with you all! Occassionally (Actually quite often) I really get a chuckle from reading all the posts ;) . Hmmmm.... A Solstice "Reunion" Club....Hmmm.... Perhaps an idea!
Maybe a cruise down Woodward, like the old days.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
RODEO said:
watch it, that may not be interpreted as a joke......oh wait......maybe it's not a joke :lol:
First 1000 cars get a choice: top or trunk :yesnod:

BTW that's a joke. :lol: I hope.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The first "production" tops are just now being fitted. You'll probably see some photos in the next month or so.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I know you are right. I wasn't trying to find out exactly how he knew (i.e. I work for the company making the tops), but more if someone inside told him or if it was his brother's girlfriend's cousin's best friend who heard a guy talking about it while on his way to work one morning.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts