Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got stopped and was issued a warning for no front license plate. In Texas! At the beginning of the year, the Texas legislature admitted an error. They neglected to state a fine amount for this violation, so, one cannot be fined for the infraction even though Texas requires two license plates. You can still get a warning or a ticket, but no fine can be charged. I still got stopped today!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Go to a GM dealer and order the license plate bracket. Take a before picture, an after installation picture, and the bracket receipt to court, show the Judge and I'll bet he lets you off. I wouldn't drill the required hole for the pop rivet. Just placing the bracket into the grill holes is enough to keep it in place. Keep us informed. Best of Luck.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
law shows 2 plates in ohio as well. driven my kappa for 3 years w.o a front plate.

As far as im concerned, im never putting one on the car. Worst case I will zip tie one on from time to time
Miller - Where are you Zip tying your plate to? :confused:
I hope not the lower center part of the front grill, IC need that cool air....

·
Registered
676 Posts
i wouldnt recommend doing any wot pulls with it there, but it wont kill you just cruising around with it ziptied on. And when I say from "time to time" i mean from the time the officer threatens me with a ticket until the time im home to cut it back off :lol:

Front plates on kappas look horrid. If you dont drive like a loony-toon the cops wont bother you, at least where im at.

·
Registered
233 Posts
get a hide a plate with remote control if you get stopped just push the button and plate pops up

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
It's still illegal and they can pull you over, they just can't do more than give you a warning. Aks me how I know...:lol:

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's still illegal and they can pull you over, they just can't do more than give you a warning. Aks me how I know...:lol:
Stuck,

Do the warnings go on record? Like, if you get stopped again for the same infraction and the computer shows a previous warning was issued, can the officer change his mind and issue a ticket?

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Stuck,

Do the warnings go on record? Like, if you get stopped again for the same infraction and the computer shows a previous warning was issued, can the officer change his mind and issue a ticket?
Yes the warning goes on record, just no fine.
The officer can change his mine when ever he want to...

·
Registered
6,987 Posts
There are alternative brackets available to move the plate lower, for those that prefer not to whinge about 'they'll never take me alive' and 'over my dead body'.

I know they won't appeal to the scofflaws, but they don't actually look that bad.

PS - I understand that some of you elect not to obey the law in your jurisdiction, but crying like babies when you do get nabbed isn't that becoming - man up (and shut up) about the 'injustice' (NOT referring to the OP, who wasn't complaining, just being perplexed about being handed a ticket for which there is no penalty - I'd be tempted to enter a dispute and see what happened when they set a court date!

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Stuck,
Yeah, like I said, it's still against the law not to run a front plate. BUT, because they blew it during the last legislative session, there's no defined punishment for being such a menace to society. They can still pull you over as often as they want and do a full search, if they choose. But, there's no ticket to get because of the oversight, only warnings.

And, wspohn, until you are a TX resident and know the REAL reason we still have a front plate law, unlike the 4 states that surround us, nobody cares what you think of the situation.

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
That suxs. NJ demands two plates but I ran without a front for two years until I was spotted at the Holland Tunnel as I was headed for the LI Gold Coast Cruise in 2008.

The Port Authority cop wouldn't accept the fact that the plate was tucked behind the driver seat and she issued me a $56.00 ticket. I use tie wraps now if I'm traveling or need to go through inspection.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Yeah, like I said, it's still against the law not to run a front plate. BUT, because they blew it during the last legislative session, there's no defined punishment for being such a menace to society. They can still pull you over as often as they want and do a full search, if they choose. But, there's no ticket to get because of the oversight, only warnings.

And, wspohn, until you are a TX resident and know the REAL reason we still have a front plate law, unlike the 4 states that surround us, nobody cares what you think of the situation.
You and many that don't have a front plate in an area that requires them and 8itch and moan about it when they get stopped need to wake the phuck up. Driving is a privilege NOT a right. Follow the rules, or face the penalties (even if it's not a fine, and merely being pulled over and searched). Like others have said, man up. If you are too shallow and vain that having a front plate is such a big deal, then stop driving, or face the repercussions and stop whining.

I totally understand if you can't stand the sight of your car with front plates on it. But stop whining about it, or get the stupid law in your area changed.

Just like you think nobody cares what wspohn thinks of your situation, we don't care about yours.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts