Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
The company plans to race the car and is working on a lightweight model with a hardtop appropriate for amateur
racing, says Solstice exec Darren Post. If the project goes forward, a Solstice coupe could be sold to the public for about $1,500 to $1,800 less than the roadster. The base 2006 Solstice stickers at $19,995
This makes it sound like the coupe will be coming sooner and cheaper than previously thought, no?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Solstice email notice

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Recieved notice that they will begin shipping Aug 1st :cool:

Here it is: :lol:

Exceptional News!

Pontiac is pleased to announce that the First 1,000 Solstice retail
orders will begin to ship to dealerships the week of August 1, 2005.

And we wanted to make sure that our First 1,000 retail customers were
the first to know. Pontiac will tell the rest of the world the great
news in major newspapers on Wednesday, July 27, including USA Today, NY
Times, and the Chicago Tribune.

Please keep in mind that there will be a limited quantity that will
ship next week and we cannot guarantee your vehicle will be included in
these initial shipments. However, an acceleration plan is in place and
over the next few weeks we expect more vehicles to ship. As previously
communicated, we expect that all First 1,000 retail orders will be
delivered by the end October.

Please consult with your dealership about details concerning your
order. They should be able to confirm if your order is either in system or
in transit. They will also have access to your vehicle identification
number (VIN) when your vehicle is considered in transit to your
dealership.

If you have any questions, please contact Program Headquarters at
866-539-0256 or your local Pontiac dealership.

Stay tuned for more exciting updates!

Sincerely,

Pontiac Solstice Team

You have received this e-mail in response to your recent Pontiac
Solstice transaction. If you prefer not to receive any unsolicited marketing
e-mails regarding GM vehicles other than those pertaining to the
Solstice, please
visit:
http://www.gmpromohq.com/OptOut/[email protected]

To review GM's Privacy Statement, please visit:
http://www.gm.com/privacy/

General Motors Corporation
100 Renaissance Center, 482-A00-MAR
Detroit, MI 48265-1000

(c) 2005 General Motors Corp.
For Copyright & Trademark information, please go to:
http://www.gm.com/copyright

·
5,641 Posts
byebmw said:
The Solstice is on its way to dealership as we speak. The first 1,000 will start showing up at dealers this weekend!

http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17833

Besides having their dates wrong, nowhere in the article does is say they will be showing up at dealers this week end. It says (incorrectly) that by the time you read it (July 28th) they should be on the way to the dealers (which they aren't).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You are right...Except that some will be at dealerships this weekend. It depends where you are in the country (i.e., transit times), and if they get passed of to a regional distribution hub. August 1st, which is Monday, is when they will be shown at dealers. Hence why you will see some in lots over the weekend; they need to be prepped first for Monday.

Keep your eyes peeled for car carriers that have Solstices on them, and bring your digital camera everywhere you go. You never know. ;)

SMALL DEALER: You are a "small dealer" and therefore might not get your allottment for a while. There are very small quantities shipping. Did you notice the pic of the Solstice with the retail stickers on it? ;)

·
5,641 Posts
byebmw said:
You are right...Except that some will be at dealerships this weekend. It depends where you are in the country (i.e., transit times), and if they get passed of to a regional distribution hub. August 1st, which is Monday, is when they will be shown at dealers. Hence why you will see some in lots over the weekend; they need to be prepped first for Monday.

Keep your eyes peeled for car carriers that have Solstices on them, and bring your digital camera everywhere you go. You never know. ;)

SMALL DEALER: You are a "small dealer" and therefore might not get your allottment for a while. There are very small quantities shipping. Did you notice the pic of the Solstice with the retail stickers on it? ;)

GM uses traditional shipping methods. Therefore anything that is shipped the week of August 1st, will not arrive the weekend of July 29th.

And there has yet to be any pictures of a Solstice with a retail window sticker/EPA Gas mileage ststement.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually my husband is a member on this forum, but he got me hooked on the car as well. While driving on the suburbs of Chicago today, saw 4 of the pretty babies ( Sly,Black, Silver). Was on the phone with mom, started screaming, she thought I got into MVA, haha.. They look pretty awesome. I'll wait for the automatic though. Currently drive Audi A3 with DSG. They definetaly get your attention.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
GM uses traditional shipping methods. Therefore anything that is shipped the week of August 1st, will not arrive the weekend of July 29th.

And there has yet to be any pictures of a Solstice with a retail window sticker/EPA Gas mileage ststement.
Not trying to argue with you, SmallDealer, but I am pretty sure on this one. ;)

SEE BELOW

Everything about the Solstice process has bee non-traditional, from the design, marketing, manufacturing, etc...This is different. It is already at Ride & Drives even though it is not officially on sale, a first, and it IS being shipped for Aug. 1st.

Attachments

·
5,641 Posts
byebmw said:
Not trying to argue with you, SmallDealer, but I am pretty sure on this one. ;)

Go here again and you WILL see the RETAIL STICKER:
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=17833

Everything about the Solstice process has bee non-traditional, from the design, marketing, manufacturing, etc...This is different. It is already at Ride & Drives even though it is not officially on sale, a first, and it IS being shipped for Aug. 1st.
No. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3540

·
5,641 Posts
byebmw said:
Look up... :yesnod: Does that look like a retail sticker with EPA MPG ratingto you? :)

No it dosen't. Instead of looking for proof you will not find in the "11 ready to ship thread". Read my referenced post, and look at the pictures.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Took a quick skim of it. Good points, except Pontiac has played (and delayed) the delivery date for a while now. Some would have already been ready, but they need enough at once to ship.

While I do not totally disagree with you, I do see other signs of imminent delivery...Marketing and ad placement and contracts, executive comments, etc.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Leftend86 said:
Small Dealer,

Has the 'system' opened for orders yet? 'They' :leaving: took my money but I ain't seen squat! :leaving:
It opened in March.

·
5,641 Posts
Leftend86 said:
Small Dealer,

Has the 'system' opened for orders yet? 'They' :leaving: took my money but I ain't seen squat! :leaving:
Dealers have been able to order Solstices since late March-early April. There has been one round of allocation for regular (non-1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order SOlsotices). Regular production will not start until sometime in August after the 1000 are built. Pontiac has been quoted in several places as saying they have a much as 9,500 orders already.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Dealers have been able to order Solstices since late March-early April. There has been one round of allocation for regular (non-1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order SOlsotices). Regular production will not start until sometime in August after the 1000 are built. Pontiac has been quoted in several places as saying they have a much as 9,500 orders already.
I had my order in on March 28th... So i'm going to assume I am one of the first orders. My build week is Aug. 22nd so I would assume that the first 1000 will be built by then.

But nothing is perfect.

·
Registered
37 Posts
byebmw said:
Look up... :yesnod: Does that look like a retail sticker with EPA MPG ratingto you? :)
Not to rain on your parade, but when I got an up close personal look at the Solstices at the Wilmington plant, they all had retail stickers but no info on the stickers. They were blank.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Memo from Bob Lutz... ;)

And, speaking of delivering, I am told that the First 1,000 Solstices are being built now in our Wilmington, Delaware, assembly plant and will be shipped the first week of August.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts