Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice if eveyone list there location
Since US and Canada is sure a large land mass and with different weather systems.
It would be nice to see a person location as it might help to understand their answer or question easier. Age would also be helpfully.
One thing I like about this forum, is nobody gets their **** in a knott, if there is some spelling errors.
Some forums flame you like crazy over an error

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
airbalancer said:
It would be nice if eveyone list there location
Since US and Canada is sure a large land mass and with different weather systems.
It would be nice to see a person location as it might help to understand their answer or question easier. Age would also be helpfully.
One thing I like about this forum, is nobody gets their **** in a knott, if there is some spelling errors.
knot only has one "t"...

couldn't resist :jester:

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
robrecht said:
Knot should be capitalized at the beginning of a sentence. :jester:

I'm from East Amwell, New Jeresy and I have approved this message.
:willy: The bill from the shrink is in the mail :willy:

·
Registered
403 Posts
RAF Lakenheath near Cambridge in England . . .

gotta love the USAF

I'm trying to get one of the 30 allocations that overseas military car sales has for this year

I get to put $1000 down and hope to get picked in a lottery . . .

wish me luck

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Doesn't it get a "u", knout, eh (just :jester: I've got Canandian roots)

BTW if we discuss snow driving and laying up car for winter, can only mean we're from Great Lakes or Canada. New Englanders will keep driving all winter and Rocky Mountain stateas are still under snow and can't get to their computers. :lol:

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
No secret I'm in SE Michigan. For the heck of it, you can put the dot on the Milford Proving Ground - I'm closer to that than I am the RenCen. Or Ann Arbor, since I'm closer to UofM than the GM Tech Center in Warren.

Or even Allen Park or Dearborn. It's all the same uber-metro area known as SE Michigan.

·
Registered
275 Posts
airbalancer said:
we jsut lkie to set erevynoes ecxpications reelie reelie lowe.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
mceb said:
Everyone update your usercp with a general location and it will appear under your name when you post.

Finally figured out how to update mine last week (I know, I'm slow) and added the state and sign line from my V-Rod forum (which I don't visit much anymore that I through customizing the bike).

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
I know it may sound anal but just before I hit "Submit Reply", I highlight the post and drop it on my email message page. That way I can click on Spell Check and then move it back to "Reply to Thread". Don't want to let all of you know how ignorant I really am.

You can see where I'm posting from and put me down as a junior Old Codger (53).

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
DreamerDave said:
I know it may sound anal but just before I hit "Submit Reply", I highlight the post and drop it on my email message page. That way I can click on Spell Check and then move it back to "Reply to Thread". Don't want to let all of you know how ignorant I really am.

You can see where I'm posting from and put me down as a junior Old Codger (53).

Thanks for the info. I can't live without spell check, as everyone can obviously tell from my threads!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
It's not as good a spell checker but if you use Firefox browser they have a plugin you can download for an web dictionary. Highlight any word and right click and choose "search dictionary..." Brings up a new tab with the word if it's found and some suggestions if it's not.

·
Registered
81 Posts
mceb said:
It's not as good a spell checker but if you use Firefox browser they have a plugin you can download for an web dictionary. Highlight any word and right click and choose "search dictionary..." Brings up a new tab with the word if it's found and some suggestions if it's not.
Just to amplify this a bit, there's also an extension for Firefox called SpellBound (I'm using version 0.7.3). Right click in any text box, such as the one I'm writing this in, and with one click you can launch a spell checker window with all the usual features...suggestions, replace all, add to custom dictionary, etc. It's easier than cut-n-pasting my message into Outlook or Word for spell checking, which is what I used to do.

-Stephen M

1 - 18 of 18 Posts