Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of links and articles on the Alfa Romeo Spyder... note the Edmunds ad at the bottom of link #2. Car looks great, and VERY similar.
http://www.jalopnik.com/cars/alfa-romeo/index.php

http://www.italiaspeed.com/2005/events/pebble_beach/8c_spider/2908.html

Alfa Romeo Spider Unveiled at Pebble Beach
TAGS: Concept Cars, alfa, alfa romeo, italy, spider

As a featured marque at this year’s Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance Alfa Romeo again showed up with a viciously sexy concept in tow. It was at the 2003 show that Alfa introduced the US to its 8C Competizione coupe, which had debuted that year in Frankfurt. This year, the company carted over a spiderized, drop-top version of the Competizone, which according to lore, began life as a sawed-off coupe, but was abandoned when the company put the project on hold. The finished Spider, however, looks less like an afterthought than a polished study in modern roadster creation. We admit we’re smitten, and wouldn’t be a bit surprised if the Spider became a halo car for the brand’s 2007 US return.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,434 Posts
The back looks out of proportion and I don't think it's the picture angle.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Im willing to say that the Alfa is even more beautiful then the solstice. WELL DONE ALFA ROMEO!

...those are sick rims too!

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I like the way the rear looks,but the front looks like it sux.I could deal with the 400 horses though. :devil:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Can you say Hoover?

:agree:
Mrtoycrazy, the front end does look like a Hoover, or maybe a placostomous? :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I think we've been through this before. ;)

·
2,574 Posts
dylan01 said:
Im willing to say that the Alfa is even more beautiful then the solstice. WELL DONE ALFA ROMEO!

...those are sick rims too!
Rather have that than anything. But since I can't, I'm cool with my Aggressive Sol. I had the great uncle to that car many years ago. Don't know wht the price will be but no way could I afford it. Happy as a lark with my Sol. Now where is it! :lol:

·
Registered
404 Posts
wowowowowo look at those rims, insane

The solstice has a nicer rear though, the two humps and the tail light and the alfa romeo has nicer rims and the side air intakes or whatever you call them

·
Registered
404 Posts
You never know about the pricing, the lotus is very cheap, and it looks even better than the solstice *runs away*
birdliver said:
Rather have that than anything. But since I can't, I'm cool with my Aggressive Sol. I had the great uncle to that car many years ago. Don't know wht the price will be but no way could I afford it. Happy as a lark with my Sol. Now where is it! :lol:

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Min0r said:
You never know about the pricing, the lotus is very cheap, and it looks even better than the solstice *runs away*
I honestly couldn't say the Lotus looks BETTER than the Solstice.

It looks DIFFERENT.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Fortimir said:
I honestly couldn't say the Lotus looks BETTER than the Solstice.

It looks DIFFERENT.
Yeah, and I bet the PRICE will be WAAAAAAAY different! :yesnod: cha-ching! cha-ching!

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Editguy said:
I think we've been through this before. ;)
:agree: Yep, about 2 or 3 months ago!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts