Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am leaving for Italy on tues. and was wondering if there are any hot italian cars I should keep an eye out for? I'll try and get pics of anything interesting I see.

·
Registered
533 Posts
mustangnomo said:
Hey guys, I am leaving for Italy on tues. and was wondering if there are any hot italian cars I should keep an eye out for? I'll try and get pics of anything interesting I see.
Any car with a horse, bull, or trident emblem on it should do.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
mustangnomo said:
Hey guys, I am leaving for Italy on tues. and was wondering if there are any hot italian girls I should keep an eye out for? I'll try and get pics of anything interesting I see.
:lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WaitingForBoost said:
Your're going to Italy and you're going to be looking for cars & not girls? Well, if you must, at least look for cars with girls in them! :)
:lol: I am going with my girlfriend so "I was looking at that hot car" sounds a lot better than "I was checking out that hot chick".

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
mustangnomo said:
:lol: I am going with my girlfriend so "I was looking at that hot car" sounds a lot better than "I was checking out that hot chick".
Ahhh, Roma. Was there in October it was 80F, the women where amazing.

Didn't see any hot cars and way too many scooters trying to occupy the crosswalk at the same time I was.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
tcl said:
Any car with a horse, bull, or trident emblem on it should do.
Enough said. :yesnod: Problem is your more likely to see them on US roads.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
You don't plan on DRIVING in Italy, do you? They are insane. Lanes mean NOTHING to them, especially at stoplights. They line up 3 or 4 cars across a 2 lane street and drag race through the intersection.

You'll see alot of German cars in Italy. If you see anything particularly sexy (be it sheetmetal or otherwise) we'd be happy to look at your pictures and identify it for you. Have a great time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all!

Have to say that you Americans are sometimes strange ;) .

You really ask which cars are sexy in Italy?

Every little boy on the planet knows Ferrari, Maserati and Lamborghini. But their cars tend to be a bit expensive :( .

BUT of course there are other cars that are achievable.

Have you never heard of Alfa Romeo???

If you ask me, they're building some of the nicest cars today. Watch out for the Alfa GT, the 147 and the 156. I don't like the 166 but that's a matter of taste.

·
Registered
533 Posts
t.henss said:

Have you never heard of Alfa Romeo???

If you ask me, they're building some of the nicest cars today. Watch out for the Alfa GT, the 147 and the 156. I don't like the 166 but that's a matter of taste.
The last time I looked at Alfa's line they had switched most of their cars to front wheel drive. Is this still the case or are they bringing back rear drive cars? I had an 84 GTV-6 by the way.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Currently Alfa offers no new RWD vehicles.

But take a look at this link:

http://www.alfaromeo.de/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/ALFAROMEO_GERMANY/design/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddekjhemhecefecejgdfiidfho.0&categoryOID=-1073756165&contentOID=1073898214

it shows the Alfa Romeo "8c Competizione". It is a concept car they've shown at the last IAA in Frankfurt in 2003. I've been there and I have really seen it :) !

If you ask me that's a car! It was so beautiful that I had to stand there for ... don't know how long but a minute longer and the guy with the feather duster would have started dedusting me ;) .

Of course the 8c had RWD but unfortunately it will NOT be built :( .

·
Registered
533 Posts
t.henss said:
Currently Alfa offers no new RWD vehicles.

But take a look at this link:

http://www.alfaromeo.de/cgi-bin/pbrand.dll/ALFAROMEO_GERMANY/design/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccceaddekjhemhecefecejgdfiidfho.0&categoryOID=-1073756165&contentOID=1073898214

it shows the Alfa Romeo "8c Competizione". It is a concept car they've shown at the last IAA in Frankfurt in 2003. I've been there and I have really seen it :) !

If you ask me that's a car! It was so beautiful that I had to stand there for ... don't know how long but a minute longer and the guy with the feather duster would have started dedusting me ;) .

Of course the 8c had RWD but unfortunately it will NOT be built :( .
Yes, I've seen photos of it. Great looking car.

If they ever brought a rear drive Alfa Spider back to the USA I would give it some consideration.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts