Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but I have to bitch.

This is a fun car. I do not understand all the people complaining about performance. And wanting to change the car. I am selling my vette and getting a Solstice. Because its time for some fun driving.

If people want a mussle car they should buy one but this is a 25,000 dollar sexy little fun car. Low price easy to drive decent drive train buy it as that and enjoy it.

If your not looking for that your buying the wrong car.

·
Registered
405 Posts
We've had ours for two weeks now and it's all fun....in addition, it's one of those cars people give respect to, they have no idea of the price, they perceive it as a choice and just like it....

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
xyz1 said:
Sorry but I have to bitch.

This is a fun car. I do not understand all the people complaining about performance. And wanting to change the car. I am selling my vette and getting a Solstice. Because its time for some fun driving.

If people want a mussle car they should buy one but this is a 25,000 dollar sexy little fun car. Low price easy to drive decent drive train buy it as that and enjoy it.

If your not looking for that your buying the wrong car.

:agree: :agree:

I love ours

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ross where the dsdfldfsl; are you been looking for a week ....check you mail

·
Registered
7 Posts
:devil: Here's a question which maybe a bit off this thread, but I haven't posted for a long while, as I have been in the UK.
I was a car salesman at a Pontiac dealership, until late August, when I resigned and went back into retirement. I had worked there for 6 months, and left on good terms. I ordered my Solstice on 24/4/05, it was finally preferenced whilst I was away. I went into the dealership today for an e-test on one of my Jags, and the dealer principal approached me and told me, (notice I didn't say ASKED), that my Solstice was due to be built week of 24/10/05, and that he was going to keep my car, and DEMO it to the public, until the next car they had on order arrived, and if I didn't like it, then I didn't have to take the car!!!!
Needless to say, I was flabbergasted at this, it felt like a gun was being put to my head! I went to see the New car manager,(dealer principal's son), and explained my outrage at this tactic by the dealer principal. The new car manager told me that as they had agreed to sell me the car back in April, WITHOUT ANY OVER INVOICE PRICING, he didn't think that I was in too bad a position! I pointed out that build date of 24/10 would probably mean delivery to dealership of mid November, and were they seriously thinking that I would cheerfully wait for them to demo the car to all and sundry in WINTER conditions, for God only knows how many kilometres, BEFORE they get their next car, and be happy to do so?
I called GM as soon as I got home and reported this high-handed attitude from this dealership. The lady at GM said that they don't get involved in the retail sales process between dealer and retail customer!!!!! IS THERE ANY WONDER THAT GM ARE GOING DOWN THE PAN?????
With the Solstice, Bob Lutz has brought the 'excitement' back to the Pontiac brand, however, unless he does something about the dealerships that are trying these tactics on with the end users, then the goodwill this car has generated will all be dissipated before the recovery of GM can begin.
I am waiting for a reply/response from the lady at GM, who was trying to reach the dealership in question, to hear their side of this.

Does anybody else out there have any similar experiences?????

Has anybody been 'gouged' on the list price of their car????

Please reply to this thread.

·
Registered
753 Posts
that is outrageous. under no circumstances would i allow the dealership to use my new car as a tester.
stay with the complaint to GM. They can't make the dealer back down but they can consider his wrongheaded policy when deciding future allocations. remember, there will be more cars, but the supply is limited. i would also start the process of shopping for a car at another dealer. If this dealer doesn't change his mind you need a 'plan B'.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for the quick response. I feel that these guys are getting anxious because sales are at all time lows, even after GM's failed attempt to boost sales with the misguided GM employee pricing for everyone. Part of the reason for my resigning was that I was at odds, with GM's policy on the disount scheme. Dealerships now are faced with a long hard winter, as consumers hold off buying, until GM reinstates said policy, so the only model they have to profit from is the Solstice! I really wanted to send this complaint to Bob Lutz, as I am a firm admirer of his attitude and foresight when it comes to product innovation. Unfortunately for Bob, his dealer network is still living in the 50s!!! (in the main anyhow) :(

·
5,600 Posts
xyz1 said:
This is a fun car. I do not understand all the people complaining about performance.
Actually, I am only aware of one person on this forum who bought a Solstice and didn't like its performance. Who are "all the people complaining?"

I think Solstice_Canuck had a valid complaint in that the car he tried just didn't meet his needs and expectations. His view was clearly stated and he wasn't whiny about it, just matter of fact.

Therefore, all but one Solstice owner here actually likes the performance. Or did I miss a 2nd person who was dissatisfied with the Sol's performance?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Hopefully you won't get an answer like this.

"Thank you for your most recent e-mail.

In addition to the information we have already provided regarding the availability of the Pontiac Solstice, we should clarify that the first 1000 units built are being delivered to the United States in association with an early order program.

We certainly appreciate your eagerness to drive your new vehicle. We are also anticipating delivery of this exciting new model to our Canadian customers as quickly as is possible.

Once again, we thank you for contacting General Motors of Canada Limited. Please keep in contact with your dealership for updates on the status of your order."

I am surprised your dealer is ABLE to do this becasue I asked my salesman about driving customer cars and he said they "Aren't allowed to because of insurance issues".

Also Solstice_canuck is giving up his order so there is an option for your.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I don't think anyone should have to put up with someone using there car as a demo, not unless they plan on discounting it. Plus based on my search of the GM Canada website there seem to be plenty of Solstice's available (use the locate vehicle function) I found 10+ in the Toronto area alone. They had a grey one at Old Mill Pontiac when I went by on the weekend that had been sold already, but the salesman said they expected 3 more in the next few weeks (blue, black and silver). Don't let them push you around, I think there will be plenty of cars available.

PS: the one I saw last weekend sold at MSRP according to the sales guy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3404
Let me see if I understand this. Your getting the car for Invoice price and your whining about the dealer wanting to use it as a show car. Invoice and MSRP aren't the same your gettin a helluva deal. Your could always offer the dealer MSPR and immediate delivery if its worth that much to you.

My mistake, I am paying MSRP, no discounts, my price is $31160.00 plus 15% taxes. The dealer has not offered any incentive to me, to allow him to run my car as a demo for however long it takes for him to get his second car, nor any discount for any mileage he puts on the car. Which if you think about it, if the car was an official demo for the dealership, then I would get some kind of discount of list no?

·
Registered
275 Posts
"Has anybody been 'gouged' on the list price of their car????"
If so, not as much as those gouged by the owners on EBAY. They've been getting $4K to $5500 over list the past several weeks.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
My dealer went on vacation and isn't back for a few more days. I could get screwed if the car shows up <-:glol: before my dealer gets back! This other guy doesn't know what my and my dealer discussed and agreed upon. Thing like this happen to me all the time... So i'm not surprised one bit.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Honorable Dealer

My dealer worked hard to get us in the computer for the EOP. When the car came in (#528) we paid MSRP, as suggested. Since they treated us so well, we had the car for a week and then gave it to them for the showroom for 4 days. It wasn't driven, just shown. They were very appreciative. SHOLZ BUICK in White Plains, NY.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts