Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
finally something cool. Vinny got to see their car this morning at the dealership. I get to go see it this evening at the dealership. They are putting it on the floor showroom.

You all would laugh if you saw the location of this dealership. Out in the middle of nowhere. Literally just off an off ramp surrounded by desert and farm land. It is on my way home though so I get to go say hi to Vin #1.

I am just sad that mine wasn't on the shipment with his becuase I have to wait another week or two for mine.

·
Missing my Dad 9/40-5/08
330 Posts
Say hello for us. The dealership may be in the middle of nowhere, but I'm told it is beautiful out there. My husband's brother lives in Boise and my husband was out there last year for a visit. He said if he gets me out there, I won't want to come back to PA.

Well, congrats on at least being able to see #1 in person.

MES

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Sooolstice said:
I get to go see it this evening at the dealership. They are putting it on the floor showroom.
How long will it be on display? Maybe the new owners are building a garage for it or something? :lol

I can't imagine leaving #1 out of my sight for too long.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Vin #1

I don't imagine they will display it for long. and BTW Idaho is beautiful for the most part. However there is a lot of desert, in fact we have the largest sand dunes in North America and it was where they filmed Napolean Dianamite.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
stang said:
Idaho has a desert? I always picture Idaho as having lush forests. Very interesting.
Yep, it has quite a lot of desert. Depends on where you are in the state. It sure surpised me the first time I went there. I wasn't expecting desert. I took a vacation from Arizona to get away from that for a while.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Editguy said:
Yep, it has quite a lot of desert. Depends on where you are in the state. It sure surpised me the first time I went there. I wasn't expecting desert. I took a vacation from Arizona to get away from that for a while.
Talk about bad planning! That's funny. I would never expect desert either. I can only imagine your expression when you found out.... What is it about Idaho and potatos (no "e", Dan!)? Is it the climate, sand/dirt, or what?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Dealer may be in the "middle of nowhere", but it is the epicenter of the Solstice invasion!!! :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
stang said:
Idaho has a desert? I always picture Idaho as having lush forests. Very interesting.
Yes, the great American POtato Forest. :lol:

JMS-MES said:
Say hello for us. The dealership may be in the middle of nowhere, but I'm told it is beautiful out there. My husband's brother lives in Boise and my husband was out there last year for a visit. He said if he gets me out there, I won't want to come back to PA.

MES
You'lll come back in a heartbeat if there is no Rolling Rock west of the Snake River.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
Sooolstice said:
I don't imagine they will display it for long. and BTW Idaho is beautiful for the most part. However there is a lot of desert, in fact we have the largest sand dunes in North America and it was where they filmed Napolean Dianamite.
"Flippin' SWEET"

·
Registered
12 Posts
Not all Idaho is Desert

Yes the bottom half of Idaho is desert, sagebrush, lava fields and potatoes. But don't forget up here in heaven, the North Idaho Panhandle. Full of forests and great lakes and scenery, pefect to enjoy in a Solstice. Can't wait for mine!!!

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
IdahoLeanne said:
Yes the bottom half of Idaho is desert, sagebrush, lava fields and potatoes. But don't forget up here in heaven, the North Idaho Panhandle. Full of forests and great lakes and scenery, pefect to enjoy in a Solstice. Can't wait for mine!!!
I knew I wasn't crazy! :willy:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Yep, Coeur d'Alene is a pretty place. Sun Valley is , of course, very beautiful. There arre some interesting things in the other part, like Craters of the Moon National Park (lava fields).

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Sooolstice said:
I get to go see it this evening at the dealership. QUOTE]

So how was it????

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It was awesome

They wouldn't open it up or let me see the signatures under the hood, but I man handled it and put my nose on the glass. They actually were telling me that it was the first vin # and were telling me about this forum. I thought about acting stupid but I couldn't keep it up. Not fare mine isn't here. Also as Solsticeman pointed out it was "Flippin Sweet", I am glad someone else out there watched Napolean Dinamite.

·
Registered
245 Posts
JMS-MES said:

MES
that is pretty cool that you get to see the very first retail sol in person... sweet. ;)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It was cool that I got to see it on my way home in Idaho instead of going to detroit to see it, do you think Vinny will let me take if for a spin? I don't think so either. Oh well.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
AztekzRpurty said:
Any mountains named "big ti*s", (grand tetons), by the French explorers, MUST be beautiful!!

edit: Or they were really REALLY lonely...
:glol: :glol: Tres bien ces't formidable1

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
achieftain said:
Yes, the great American POtato Forest. :lol:

You'lll come back in a heartbeat if there is no Rolling Rock west of the Snake River.
Hey now... Potatoes paid my salary in Idaho for many a year!!!... .I think Albertson's finally got Rolling Rock.. but I could also get a very unusual beer there... Cave Creek with Jalapenos... (their motto "limes are for sissies")

The only beer I ever drank that made me thirstier the more I drank...

Btw.. most of us never wanted Idaho discovered by the rest of America....

You just had to watch out for the State Troopers... I mean.. mostly deserted Interstate... I just had to let the cars unwind... The troopers sit on top of overpasses and clock you..... It's not like they are going to be confused as to which car they were clocking.. you're about the only car on the road!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts