Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got a message last night (Sunday 10-16) that my Sol had come in the night before. I verified it thru another salesman and am waiting for my dealer to get to work at 9am so I can coordinate. He also emailed me. MSRP confirmed. VIN is 1376 (FINALLY I GOT A VIN).
I guess I made the "first 2000" after all.
Should have it later this am, afternoon, or evening since he asked "when are you coming in [on Monday]" !!!
More info later folks, as it breaks.
:cool:
P.S. I was out of town in the mountains when the announcement came (supporting the vacation theory of car arrival) and we are gettting rainstorms (supporting the can't put the top down theory of car arrival). But, who cares, right!

·
Registered
576 Posts
Great news and congratulations! :party: :party:

It will be great having another Sol in the Inland Empire :)

·
Registered
819 Posts
:party: That's great news RichSol!! Have a Sol-filled day!

Since this trip away from home may be a catalyst, I will be out of town on business on Wednesday or Thursday. Have to hope the trip will have 1292 delivered while I am gone! :) ;)

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
Congratulations. :party:

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
crawdadsolstice said:
Since this trip away from home may be a catalyst, I will be out of town on business on Wednesday or Thursday. Have to hope the trip will have 1292 delivered while I am gone! :) ;)
Congratulations RichSol! And have fun.

I subscribe to the vacation theory. It worked for me. I stopped by the dealer to tell them I was going to be out of town for several days. Left town. #741 arrived at dealer 3 hours later.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
206 Posts
GREAT NEWS!!! Enjoy your Sol!!!. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
...in my garage

Well I got it home just ahead of the rain (running top down all the way from Moreno Valley to San Bernardino). Had to pull out my '97 Eclipse Spyder from the garage to make room. I later delivered it to its new owners.

Got my insurance and I am all set for some nice weather (due to stop raining Wednesday)

IMPRESSIONS: Wow! All my fears have disappeared. No transmission clunk as long I drive correctly. The car loves to be wound up and driven.
It's tight and spunky. Nice sound too. I did not find that I sit signifcantly lower than I did in my eclipse. Wind in the cabin is much more substantial than others have said. Almost as strong as in the eclipse. If you are long torso-ed like me, you are doing to get alot of wind. Conversation level is a little better tho (with windows up). But it will be difficult to wear my solstice hat and not worry about it flying off.

Only major gripe- like several others, the dealer failed to obtain the requested polished aluminum wheels. After I convinced them that it was indeed their screwup, not mine, the only solution they could offer was to reorder the car ("we're getting them in much faster now" sure, sure). I refused that option, but did agree when they offered having the stock wheels chromed at their cost ($895, but better than reordering or getting after market polished alum for about $800 PER WHEEL).

Also I had a little worn spot on one of the plastic chrome rings around the tachometer. But I don't care for them anyway, and may remove the rings and paint them all black later.
I don't really mind that the car is 400 lbs more than a miata (but still lighter than a 350Z!). It has a very solid feel to it. Much nicer than my eclipse did...and much faster too. When I shut the doors, they are solid, with no rattle or shake whatsoever.

Since it is so rainy out, I have only driven it a little. I am reaquainting myself with stick shifting (my left foot is complaining about having to work now).
Well, that's the report for now. Have been up nonstop since 5am. I am getting a little dingy.
BOTTOM LINE: worth the wait.

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
:party: CONGRATS!! :party:

·
Registered
576 Posts
Glad you have the car now. Perhaps if it stops raining we can meet at some point.
:)

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
RichSol said: "Had to pull out my '97 Eclipse Spyder from the garage to make room."

California law doesn't require you to give 30 days notice for eviction?

Congratulations, RichSol. Glad you have a beautiful ride for that beautiful state. California One would be a nice drive, I'll have MARiSOL there someday!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...brothers

gizmo2004 said:
RichSol said: "Had to pull out my '97 Eclipse Spyder from the garage to make room."

California law doesn't require you to give 30 days notice for eviction?

Congratulations, RichSol. Glad you have a beautiful ride for that beautiful state. California One would be a nice drive, I'll have MARiSOL there someday!

Thanks. I notice we are both in the 1300 range (vins). Speaking of laws: It's a law in So Calif that you must drive topless on sunny days, and must go to the beach at least once each quarter, if you own a ragtop. Otherwise your car gets stolen and beachcomers live in it.

Speaking of sun. Yesterday I had none, but managed to drive home topless, as I said before. Ironically, the dealer was unable to wash the car before I took it. A shopping mall across the street had caused all water to be shut off in that area. They did a decent job of cleaning the inside, tho.

This am I couldn't take it anymore...all the road dust/rain slop from the transport via truck...so I got up early and washed my Sol in between raindrops. Now it really has the deep black "wet" look (because it IS wet. lol). The lengths a Sol owner will go. Rain or shine I'm going to show it off to friends and fam later today.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
RichSol said: "It's a law in So Calif that you must drive topless on sunny days."

I'm moving back to California. Where does Pamela Anderson live?

Yes, we were brothers in waiting for quite awhile, eh? 1319 & 1376.

I was born in Hayward, up in the Bay Area, but moved out at age 10 to Reno, Nevada, which is where I left my heart (piece of it still in SF, of course!)

Glad you got the object of your "wish list." Enjoy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts