Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
VIN #14 is in Syracuse, NY and at the dealership as of 12:30pm and I have pics. But I am late at work and can't upload till later. The dealer does NOT have the INVOICE and cannot hand it over until MONDAY he says.

Its heartbreaking to stand there and watch 15 pairs of hands touching the car. This is like haveng cancer and beating it and then having a heart attack right afterwards.

BAH!

Ohh, and the order was put through with painted and I ordered Polished. Everything else looks right though.

·
Registered
115 Posts
If he doesn't have the invoice...I'd let him know he wasn't going to be "showing" the car all weekend...which is probably the truth...or at least for some dealers it would be! I am sure your dealer is being honest...it would hard to have your baby locked up and not able to get to her. Have you worked out the check in and test drive things with him? I would hate to leave a car like this alone for a few minutes...let alone all weekend. Congratulations...and we expect a review as soon as you take possession! Now only 300 to go til I get mine!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I thought small dealer said the invoices get sent electronically to dealer via system. I wonder if he needs to go look for it or something. Other thing I'd worry about is a delay tactic like gary mentioned.

·
5,641 Posts
mcbman said:
:cuss: I would be extremely PO'd!
Yes you are right, the nerve of GM to ship it so quickly. Take it back and ship it slower the next time. :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,053 Posts
Seems awfully convenient that the invoice won't be ready until AFTER the weekend. How does a car get to a dealer faster than an invoice? Can't they fax it or something?

BTW, Congrats Excelsior! :cheers: You could be the first member to use a pic of their own car an an avatar. :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Excelsior said:
VIN #14 is in Syracuse, NY and at the dealership as of 12:30pm and I have pics. But I am late at work and can't upload till later. The dealer does NOT have the INVOICE and cannot hand it over until MONDAY he says.

Its heartbreaking to stand there and watch 15 pairs of hands touching the car. This is like haveng cancer and beating it and then having a heart attack right afterwards.

BAH!

Ohh, and the order was put through with painted and I ordered Polished. Everything else looks right though.
This is a dealer tactical game. It happened to me when I orginally purchased one of the first Audi TT's. Tell the dealer not to display your car on the sales floor. Watch his/her reaction. The dealer just wants to display the car over the weekend. HANDS OFF! :cuss:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Excelsior said:

BAH!

Congrats! Keep pestering your dealer about the invoice!

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
congrats!

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy ... well, except for those "no invoice" and "others touching" issues! :party:

I'll definitely hoist one or two for you this weekend! :cheers:

·
5,641 Posts
Excelsior said:
The dealer does NOT have the INVOICE and cannot hand it over until MONDAY he says.

I am going to guess that what the dealer is really missing is the "Certificate Of Origin For A Vehicle", sometimes refered to as an MSO, in effect the title from the factory to the dealer. This is produced and sent snail mail. We receivd one today for a G6 dated 8/2/05 (date of the invoice and shipping date), postage metered 8/8/05. Think your dealer could be right on with his Monday guess if it got out quickly after the 8-9-05 or 8-10-05 invoicing of your car.

Congratulations.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah it sucks. And all the service people grubbing over it and the cell phones going crazy calling people in. Its staying in the service area, but in a front door so the public can see it. And the door is open, too. Highly irritating. I might call the number and see about this....

And there was another blue one on the carrier, no idea where it was headed or its number!

·
5,641 Posts
mcbman said:
So is this standard practice.... ?
Shipping a new (pre-ordered) car without even invoicing it?
Yes. If you recall some of the early photos from the plant and truck stop, showed cars with stickers that said not for sale. GM dosen't want to clog the system, so sometimes since they know where the cars belong they ship them.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.