Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...or in this case, plastic. I need to caution all of you that the front of a Solstice is longer than it looks. Yep, I barked it on a curb picking up my date. Bad news, bottom of my front bumper is all scratched up. Good news, can't see it unless you are lying on the ground looking at it. Better news, the date was GREAT!

Backstage

Yes, we went to a play, what did you expect from a guy named Backstage?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Backstage said:
...or in this case, plastic. I need to caution all of you that the front of a Solstice is longer than it looks. Yep, I barked it on a curb picking up my date. Bad news, bottom of my front bumper is all scratched up. Good news, can't see it unless you are lying on the ground looking at it. Better news, the date was GREAT!

Backstage

You posted at 12:29 on the east coast... the date wasn't THAT great! :glol:

:hester: J/K of course!

Sorry you kissed a curb! You definately have to watch with the low ground clearance of the Sol!

·
5,600 Posts
Fformula88 said:
You posted at 12:29 on the east coast... the date wasn't THAT great! :glol:
That was cold. :lol:

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
See what a woman can do to you!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Yeah those parking garage pillars are really hard to notice. :lol:

·
Registered
705 Posts
Probably couldn't see what was behind him because of the wing! Ugly things in my opinion.

Actually thought of buying a Crossfire before the Sol came out...then I followed one in town and at 50mph this damned ugly 'wing' popped up! I know it was needed because my Malibu Maxx was begining to get light in the rear, almost lost control. Lucky for me there was a 'Wings Are Us' franchise ahead, got one screwed on quick and made it home safe!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sorry about the "bump"! I've decided I will only back-in to anyplace that has any type of curb! Well, when I get my car, that is!! I can't get my Tahoe into a place right, but if it "taps" something, oh well, it's above whatever it hit!! Kidding, just kidding, but it is hard to see where the front end ends. I'm hoping to be better with Solstice!!

·
5,600 Posts
Pterosaur said:
Probably couldn't see what was behind him because of the wing! Ugly things in my opinion.

Actually thought of buying a Crossfire before the Sol came out...then I followed one in town and at 50mph this damned ugly 'wing' popped up! I know it was needed because my Malibu Maxx was begining to get light in the rear, almost lost control. Lucky for me there was a 'Wings Are Us' franchise ahead, got one screwed on quick and made it home safe!
CLASSIC! :glol:

·
Registered
496 Posts
Musician

Backstage said:

Backstage

Hmm, bust be a drummer because all you could get in the trunk are drumsticks. I have to see if my Martin Backpacker will fit; maybe without the case.

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Oregonian said:
Sorry about the "bump"! I've decided I will only back-in to anyplace that has any type of curb! Well, when I get my car, that is!! I can't get my Tahoe into a place right, but if it "taps" something, oh well, it's above whatever it hit!! Kidding, just kidding, but it is hard to see where the front end ends. I'm hoping to be better with Solstice!!
Ummm, why would you park the Solstice? This car is made to be driven. :lol:

·
Sol Driving Member
2,597 Posts
Backstage said:
So, are you saying they need a diclaimer on the front windshiled that is like the one on the mirrors? "Things seen through this window are closer than they appear!"

·
Registered
990 Posts
I've found this to be true with my S2K. I've taken to parking away from curbs. That or stopping when I feel like I'm about halfway in the space.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts