Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's Raining Solstices (Anybody want one?)

I got a call this afternoon from Margo at GM Headquarters. She told me that my EOP order was confirmed. However, due to technical issues, part of my registration number was unavailable to them so I got bounced out of the 1st 1,000. (I knew I was one of the 1st!) In order to make it up to me, GM is willing to deliver my Solstice as an addition to the dealer's regular allocation, delivery expected in the fourth quarter, hopefully, the beginning of October.
I explained to Margo that the dealer told me I was "waitlisted", so I took the next opportunity and signed on with a different dealer for one of his 13 allocations. It didn't seem to matter that I placed an order elsewhere. They will honor my original order if I still want it. She also told me that this offer was for a "select few", so I'm assuming that I got bumped into the first 1,000 Exclusive Retail Orders net.
Now, I have to give her a callback answer by 4pm tomorrow. I really hate to waste this chance knowing so many people would like one. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
If you're not first in line at the second dealer (where you ordered one of his 13) I say take the offer! It benefits your original dealer by not counting against their allocation, but it would benefit you, too since you'll probably get your car earlier! I'd confirm that with Marge, but it sounds that way to me. Good luck!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The big question is... what is going to be delivered first? Regular Allocation or the First 1000 (or in your case 1001). I heard some speculation on the forum that the first 1000 will take longer. If the first 1000 takes longer and your at the tail end of that.
I would ask some questions around the sequence of delivery and take the that will get delivered earlier.
Or you could just buy both of them and be the first kid on the block with 2.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rep said that the car would be delivered after the first 1,000 got theirs. She also said the offer came with a 24 month free maintenance program which could not be transferrable to the other dealer. I am trying to talk my son into purchasing one of the cars since it would benefit him in its appreciation value; he could sell it if he didn't like it, but he just can't wrap his mind around the delayed gratification part of the deal (October delivery).
So, my next thought was that someone on this forum might be interested...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Also dealer get a MAX of 6 cars in their regular allocation (not 13),
so unless you want to wait into their next 4 month allocation take the offer.

You could be waiting until next year otherwise.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know the EOP rules said max allocation was 5 per dealer depending on past sales. This dealer does volume and was allocated 13 cars for the first 4 months. I'm definately confirmed there. I'd like to go with GM's offer but I don't need the 2nd car. Was thinking maybe someone in my area (NJ) would want it.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
Bought_It said:
Also dealer get a MAX of 6 cars in their regular allocation (not 13),so unless you want to wait into their next 4 month allocation take the offer.

You could be waiting until next year otherwise.
I've heard that dealers got anywhere for zero to 15 cars for their initial four month allocation, based on GM's magic formula.

solli4me said:
I know the EOP rules said max allocation was 5 per dealer depending on past sales. This dealer does volume and was allocated 13 cars for the first 4 months.
The max of 5 cars per dealer were for the EOP cars, which do not count against regular allocation numbers.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
solli4me said:
I got a call this afternoon from Margo at GM Headquarters. She told me that my EOP order was confirmed. However, due to technical issues, part of my registration number was unavailable to them so I got bounced out of the 1st 1,000.
Do you think the "technical problems" had anything to do with the Zero Zip Code issues a lot of us in the North East had? If they push those deliveries up to the "front" of the regular allocation deliveries, I will be a lot less disgruntled about the EOP ordering fiasco.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I did ask her that very question - 0zip. She seemed to be unaware of anything definitive. "Tech issues" is a generic term for everything/anything.
This is my take on it: If they were aware of tech issues, they should have honored my registration and given me one of the 1,000. See previous posts:

QUOTE]The only way I was able to move forward and wait list my buyers was to reverse the zip so it started with a digit other than "0". Other dealerships were told by program headquarters to just use "11111". – Small Dealer

Wow, think how many people got screwed on that mistake alone. I keep feeling GM needs to step up somehow and make it right but not sure how. - mceb

Who knows - with that zip code error maybe they will do something. See below from the offical rules.
If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of, but not limited to, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and will post notice of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension at www.pontiac.com/apprentice. - ghia

Good find ghia, they could choose to modify things somehow, give NE dealers 1 extra car in allocation or something like that. - mceb[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
30 minutes ago I received a call from "Margo" of the Pontiac EOP program. Apparently those of us with times before 2:42:00 (mine was 2:34:09) but without EOP confirmation were indeed screwed by the system and aren't getting any type of priority on the waitlist. So they are placating us with 24 months of free "Car Care." As a fellow victim from SC said in another thread, not what I had hoped for but better than nothing.

Oh, Margo did also say that my Solstice would closely follow the EOPs. That's something ... maybe ... :skep:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Solsticewaiting,

I would think that with your stamp time, you may well end up being moved from the wait list to EOP. Did you ask specifically if that was something that may happen?

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Margo called me back about 45 minutes ago to see if I wanted the car. It is a form of placating, but if you haven't ordered one through a dealer's allocation you should jump on this. Did you?!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Just so I have this straight, these are orders that seemed to make the first 1000 but didn't have a reference/confirmation number?

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
mceb said:
Just so I have this straight, these are orders that seemed to make the first 1000 but didn't have a reference/confirmation number?
That is correct.

To answer the other questions, yes I did ask about the waitlist. Margo said that I was being offered this because the waitlist looked doubtful for me... which is kinda hard to believe, but since the system screwed me once already, I did accept their offer.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yup. So, I asked her again if this was an EOP car (just in case my head cold kept me from hearing her correctly) she said "No, it's not." Apparently, I was missing a few digits on my registration due to the technical difficulties and they are willing to provide a car outside the dealer's allocation but are not willing to bump me into the 1st 1,000...
I believe there's more than two of us on this forum who have been tendered this offer. Maybe we should start a new poll.

·
Registered
3,512 Posts
SolsticeWaiting said:
Margo said that I was being offered this because the waitlist looked doubtful for me... which is kinda hard to believe.
I too find it hard to believe. According to the EOP rules, your position on the waitlist should be determined by your timestamp. If you were waitlisted even before the EOP slots were taken, you should have one of the earliest timestamps out there, and should therefore be near the top of the waitlist.

If EOP is doubtful for you, I figure anyone with a time stamp later than 2:42 is pretty much out of luck! :cryin: There goes my last shread of hope for an EOP.

·
Founding Member
5,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Margo specifically told me that my ordered was confirmed but something was missing on the submitted registration form. So, I guess I was disqualified due to incomplete documentation. However, it seems that GM is taking responsibility for the screw up with the software; hence this offer. It's all so very vague.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
dengel said:
I too find it hard to believe. According to the EOP rules, your position on the waitlist should be determined by your timestamp. If you were waitlisted even before the EOP slots were taken, you should have one of the earliest timestamps out there, and should therefore be near the top of the waitlist.
I agree, they should have an early time on the list...don't get it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts