Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's Time - 3231 Arrived

3231 arrived at my dealer. I got the call today around 10:30 or so stating there was a pretty little Solstice in the back lot. Unfortunately, I was having a planning meeting with two of my managers from out of state, so I couldn’t go to the dealer until 6:30 this evening. The car looks great and I can’t wait to get behind the wheel. It has 15 miles on the Odometer. I told the dealer, no name emblems – only a plate frame and no front license plate. It looks like I won’t be able to pick up the car before Thursday unless I can get back into town tomorrow a decent hour.

I did notice that the MSRP had increased by $150.00. After reviewing all the options, I found the 18” Aluminum wheels increased from $495.00 to $545.00 and the Premium Package increased from $590.00 to $690.00. A hell of a thing to make me wait EXACTLY 7 months to the day and then increase the price on me. Oh, well, if the buck fifty keeps GM afloat then have at it.
:cheers: :party:

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
PubliusE said:
3231 arrived at my dealer. I got the call today around 10:30 or so stating there was a pretty little Solstice in the back lot. Unfortunately, I was having a planning meeting with two of my managers from out of state, so I couldn’t go to the dealer until 6:30 this evening. The car looks great and I can’t wait to get behind the wheel. It has 15 miles on the Odometer. I told the dealer, no name emblems – only a plate frame and no front license plate. It looks like I won’t be able to pick up the car before Thursday unless I can get back into town tomorrow a decent hour.

I did notice that the MSRP had increased by $150.00. After reviewing all the options, I found the 18” Aluminum wheels increased from $495.00 to $545.00 and the Premium Package increased from $590.00 to $690.00. A hell of a thing to make me wait EXACTLY 7 months to the day and then increase the price on me. Oh, well, if the buck fifty keeps GM afloat then have at it.
:cheers: :party:
See Small Dealers post they can't charge you more if the price went up after you ordered it.

·
Registered
201 Posts
$150 is small stuff to me if the dealer treated me right. If they were a pain in my arse the whole way, I'd fight it.

Regardless... Congratulations!
:party:

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
deluke said:
See Small Dealers post they can't charge you more if the price went up after you ordered it.
I looked for the post but could not find it. I'd be interested to know who would get stuck with the $150. I wouldn't want the dealer to get stuck. It is a small town dealer who really did right by me. I would be willing to take mud flaps for trade :devil:

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
PubliusE said:
I looked for the post but could not find it. I'd be interested to know who would get stuck with the $150. I wouldn't want the dealer to get stuck. It is a small town dealer who really did right by me. I would be willing to take mud flaps for trade :devil:
I would guess the dealer has not had to pay extra for the price increase, he would be billed the amount agreed to when the order was placed. He's just adding it on to you to make a little extra money. Have you seen the actual window sticker MSRP? Does that show the higher prices?

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
deluke said:
I called the GM today and he told me I do not have to pay the price increase. GM has price Protection for cases like these. Thanks for the tip. You saved me $150.00. Maybe I'll repay you with a drink at a NE Solstice meet. :cheers:

·
Registered
905 Posts
When did you go 4200? I ask because ours were built the same day and I'm only 16 cars after yours.

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Adrenaline said:
When did you go 4200? I ask because ours were built the same day and I'm only 16 cars after yours.
I'm not sure. I called my dealer last Tuesday and it was still at 4150. Yesterday he called and said it arrived. So, I noticed with other posts (as did mine) that it takes just about a month to reach the dealer after it is produced. That is at least within trucking distance. I'm guessing your's can't be too far behind.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That's awesome!!

I'm keeping my eye on the Vin's and Adrenaline's posts, because my vin is so close to his (3239).

In fact, if I get the call that my car is in.. I'll post, so you know where the truck is.

Man I can't wait!!

:willy:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Led Zep said:
That's awesome!!

I'm keeping my eye on the Vin's and Adrenaline's posts, because my vin is so close to his (3239).

In fact, if I get the call that my car is in.. I'll post, so you know where the truck is.

Man I can't wait!!

:willy:
I'll do the same. Ours should be on the same truck since they're both going to VA (mine's going to Harrisonburg). Hopefully they get a truck filled up with VA Solstices asap!

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Led Zep said:
That's awesome!!

Your car is 9 vehicles younger than mine

·
Registered
7,103 Posts
Mine is 3102. Bought it in Manassas, VA yesterday.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah..for sure. I figure if my dealership notifies me, then I will tell you and vise versa.

I cruz the dealership occasionally.

They seem OK, but I know it will be tempting, so I'm just trying to play it safe and get there soon after delivery.

My son is at JMU in Harrisonburg, It's about an hour south of Winchester.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm 3221, but I live in Canada so only god knows(and maybe the queen) when it will arrive.

·
Registered
38 Posts
In Canada

Just talked to GM 2 min. ago, they said my car was just unloaded in Vancouver today.(3221) Should be in the okanagan in 2-3days. I will be waiting at the dealership before it opens sat. morn.(to make sure they don't try to take the top down or put a front plate on it) :willy: :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
91 Posts
deluke said:
Can anyone provide a link to this thread?

I have the same issue: ordered at one price, but was told that prices on certain options have increased since, so my price increased too.

I should note, though, that in the written Deposit Agreement signed by myself and the dealer, the dealer wrote in by hand beneath his signature that the price was an "estimate subject to change by GM." That might cover the dealer and justify his changing my MSRP price, although I could still point out to him that GM has a Price Protection plan, so his note is invalid.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ha Led Zep. I have #2309 and have been told by the trucking Co it will be at the dealership on thurs. We got the first snow today and its 19 out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
ljsroof said:
Ha Led Zep. I have #2609 and have been told by the trucking Co it will be at the dealership on thurs. We got the first snow today and its 19 out.
That's cool!!

Hey.. how do I find out from the trucking company where mine and Adrenaline's are?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts