Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past 4 months Ive had a lot of fun on this forum, however I am giving up my fight for a Sol. I never thought I'd be one of these guys but I test drove a 350Z and totally fell for it. Waiting a year for a sports car was going to kill me. I hope everyone enjoys their future Sols but the acceleration in that Z rocked my socks and I can have it now. See you guys on the highways - Len

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
anticd70 said:
For the past 4 months Ive had a lot of fun on this forum, however I am giving up my fight for a Sol. I never thought I'd be one of these guys but I test drove a 350Z and totally fell for it. Waiting a year for a sports car was going to kill me. I hope everyone enjoys their future Sols but the acceleration in that Z rocked my socks and I can have it now. See you guys on the highways - Len
Best of luck with your 350Z! An excellent choice IMO for a sports car. I really like how the cabin feels. It hugs you in, but still doesn't feel confining. Just watch out for premature tire wear. First year cars had a problem with that, but I would assume Nissan has fixed that for now. Otherwise, have fun!

:cheers:

Oh, and don't be shy. Feel free to stop in and say hello every now and then! Maybe there will still be a Sol in your future!

·
4,592 Posts
I've considered a convertible Z, but I swore off that company years ago for a bad truck they sold me new. Maybe I'll go abuse the Zs on the lot for some test drives :devil:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
I've considered a convertible Z, but I swore off that company years ago for a bad truck they sold me new. Maybe I'll go abuse the Zs on the lot for some test drives :devil:
Hey stranger! :thumbs: You better be careful. You drive a Z, and the next thing you know is that you will have an itch to buy one! :lol:

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Hey stranger! :thumbs: You better be careful. You drive a Z, and the next thing you know is that you will have an itch to buy one! :lol:
OR TWO......... :lol:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Enjoy your new Z...........

anticd70 said:
As long as you are happy, do what's best for you! My first new car was a 1986 Nissan Sentra. Bought it when I was in college. Never had one problem out of that car! :yesnod:

·
Read Only
3,468 Posts
anticd70 said:
Enjoy your Z! My first new car was a Datsun (yes, I'm old. ;) ), it died an unfortunate death when a head gasket blew on the highway (chance occurrence). Ran great other than that.

Anyway, enjoy the ride.

--Chemist

·
5,600 Posts
Enjoy your Z. That is a nice step up from a Solstice. That motor is absolutely sweet!

Are you getting a coupe or a convertible? Which model are you going to buy?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Enjoy your 350! I bought one when they first came out...and loved it! Unfortunately, I get bored with my cars almost as quick as I get excited about them. (Since the Z I have had a new triple black Corvette, a '66 427/390 hp Corvette roadster with all options including ac, a 500rwhp, supercharged Mustang GT convertible, a 427 AC Cobra (Everett Morrison) and a '67 Chevy II (Pro street). The Z was the car I wished I had kept (looking back). Mine was a "Touring" edition with navagation. I did not really want "nav" at first - but it was helpful when I got ready to sell it. Alot of people really liked that. Also, there are several good 350Z forums and lots of "stuff" available for it . A place called Courtesy Nissan (I think) has a web site . Besides all the factory options, I replaced the factory emblems with a "Z" emblem from Courtesy, replaced the LONG antenna with one from a Honda S2000 and a set of 19" rims from ADR Design. It was a great looking car. Gosh...I better stop...I'll be going to the Nissan dealership again!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Enthusiast coupe...not feeling the convertible up here in NJ! Ill be hanging around this forum keeping up w/ whats on the Sols!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
vlevick said:
Enjoy your 350! I bought one when they first came out...and loved it! Unfortunately, I get bored with my cars almost as quick as I get excited about them. (Since the Z I have had a new triple black Corvette, a '66 427/390 hp Corvette roadster with all options including ac, a 500rwhp, supercharged Mustang GT convertible, a 427 AC Cobra (Everett Morrison) and a '67 Chevy II (Pro street). The Z was the car I wished I had kept (looking back). Mine was a "Touring" edition with navagation. I did not really want "nav" at first - but it was helpful when I got ready to sell it. Alot of people really liked that. Also, there are several good 350Z forums and lots of "stuff" available for it . A place called Courtesy Nissan (I think) has a web site . Besides all the factory options, I replaced the factory emblems with a "Z" emblem from Courtesy, replaced the LONG antenna with one from a Honda S2000 and a set of 19" rims from ADR Design. It was a great looking car. Gosh...I better stop...I'll be going to the Nissan dealership again!
Holy crap, vlevick! I think you change cars more often than I change underwear :lol:

·
Registered
61 Posts
When I was a kid my father had a 240,a 260 and a 280ZX. He would die if he knew what I put them through on the weekends

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.