Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having read what seems like a gazillion pages of very good information on this Forum, last night I pulled the trigger and joined the ranks of Solstice ownership.

I bought a 2009 GXP Coupe with the manual transmission. That would make it 1 of 288 if my figures are correct. Silver in color and < 9500 miles. I'm in process to arrange transportation to have it delivered sometime early next week I would guess. Kind of excited!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well done.
LLLFLY

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks all. Seems like a nice place here. This will be one of a few toy cars - so no regular duty. But, too many mods on here to resist! I will probably do the MAP/boost upgrade and then work on a few suspension mods. Pics as soon as I get it here - I promise!

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Welcome!!! Talk about starting the New Year off right!!!:thumbs: Sounds like you have bought a beauty!!!:thumbs:

·
Premium Member
2,130 Posts
Welcome aboard! Where are you located?

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Glad to have you with us! Sounds like you may have more that one "toy" to play with? What are all their names and what do they look like?

·
Registered
848 Posts
After having read what seems like a gazillion pages of very good information on this Forum, last night I pulled the trigger and joined the ranks of Solstice ownership.

I bought a 2009 GXP Coupe with the manual transmission. That would make it 1 of 288 if my figures are correct. Silver in color and < 9500 miles. I'm in process to arrange transportation to have it delivered sometime early next week I would guess. Kind of excited!
Very nice, welcome. :thumbs: Sounds like exactly what we did 4 months ago now. Don't know how you found it, but we bought off ebay from a dealer in Georgia and had it transported to Colorado.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

Welcome aboard - my combination as well, although mine is gray.

Only 281 (by my count) manual GXP coupes. FYI there were 213 silver coupes and of that, 39 were manual trans GXPs.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very nice, welcome. Sounds like exactly what we did 4 months ago now. Don't know how you found it, but we bought off ebay from a dealer in Georgia and had it transported to Colorado.
I'm in SoCal and found this one ~1100 miles away. Doing the wire transfer tomorrow and starting to work on shipping to get it here. In the interim - can't get enough reading in here!!

wspohn - LOVE the gray!!

·
Registered
6,939 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bill,

I have those press photos on my laptop and iphone and living by them.... The Coupe that I bought is 1100+ miles away and truth be told, I've never seen a coupe in person!!

I have a short fuse when it comes to looking, liking and buying (probably the reason I have an empty bank account too) and once I became interested in having a coupe I went and test drove a couple of roadsters.... and the decision was done.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations Cooltech, Hope you enjoy your car. I had a similar story when I found and bought my car. I got a great deal on a dealer certified car but it was over 1000 miles away. I flew out on a Saturday morning, picked up the car by 10AM and drove it home non stop with the top down. what a great way to break it in. I was following trucks on 80 most of the way and according to my GPS the top speed was 101 MPH but to be honest, I never thought I was going that fast :) . Of course I picked my car up in July so the weather was a bit nicer. Good luck with your car and enjoy every mile on her.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
odiaz - GREAT story!! I went back and forth with this dealer for about a week on this car and there was some times I contemplated just to get a plane ticket and fly to it. When I finally commited to purchase it (New Year's Eve), I was out of time to go get it since I have several conflicts in front of me this week.

I'll probably have some mods here waiting for it when it arrives!! LOL!!

·
Registered
433 Posts
odiaz - GREAT story!! I went back and forth with this dealer for about a week on this car and there was some times I contemplated just to get a plane ticket and fly to it. When I finally commited to purchase it (New Year's Eve), I was out of time to go get it since I have several conflicts in front of me this week.

I'll probably have some mods here waiting for it when it arrives!! LOL!!

Congrats on your new Solstice! Definitely post a pic once you have it. Have a great New Year!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Registered
306 Posts
I bought mine without driving it. About 600 miles away. Had it shipped from Houston to Fort Worth and drove to Dallas and picked it up and drove it home through one of the worse thunderstorms possible with a ton of rain and big trucks on the highway. Did ok considering it was a new car to me. It behaved well and I got out of Dallas alive! yay!

Anyway, I still have my permagrin and often sit in the garage looking at my car. My hubby thinks I'm a bit nuts, but that's ok. We all understand that, don't we? ;)

Take pics when you get it, ok? We want to see this permanent permagrin purchase. :)

·
Registered
278 Posts
Congrats, I bought mine on the winter solstice 2 years ago. Our extramarital affair is still going strong.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts