Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in a decent sized town (with an obnoxious Pontiac dealer) but there is a smaller dealer in a smaller town about 15 min away. My family has bought 14 cars from them over the years and we know the owner well, so I always get treated great.

I told them months ago that I wanted their first Solstice and they agreed...I have been educating them, much like the rest of you. I had to explain the EOP to them and make sure they sent in the request...the owner supposedly has another friend who wants one, so he OK'ed the ordering of the package.

I didn't get a chance to go by there yesterday, but went this afternoon and when I walked in they asked "here to order your Solstice?" I had to explain, yet again, that I can't order till the 15th and I reminded them I would be there early :)

But the good news is they gave me all the materials in the package. I have the DVD, the pre-order playbook, the table topper, the quick reference card, the lapel pin, and all 25 of the posters (he had kept a couple for me and threw the others in his trash can...I told him I would take them off his hands if he was getting rid of them). The only thing I don't have is the banner. He thinks they got it but that he threw it in the dumpster. I am ashamed to admit it, but I went looking through the dumpster with the service manager but the only banner was for the On-Star hot button promotion. Have the banners been shipped yet or is it possible they haven't gotten it? We looked everywhere it could be and unless someone else already grabbed it, it's not there. He said if it shows up then he will set it aside for me.

They are a small dealership and he said, what would I do with all this junk? Kinda funny, it's as the old saying goes, what's one man's trash is another's treasure. The best part is that I will probably be paying less than sticker for the car as well!

I can try to scan the playbook if no one else is working on it. I would also part with some of the posters if anyone is interested...what does a poster tube and postage cost these days? Unfortunately I don't get to the post office or the mail places very often so I would have to make a special trip to find out how much to mail it. I would love to trade a couple of posters for a banner if anyone can get one and doesn't want it ;) It's all I need to complete my collection and it will kill me if I don't get one. Also, according to the playbook there will be a limited edition customer brochure FedEx-ed to the dealers on April 14th.

·
Premium Member
10,412 Posts
May I sugest a rafle for those items you have duplicates, just a thought, this way everyone has a chance.

·
Registered
189 Posts
can a guy with no connections what so ever get a handle on those posters? and will the table-topper(whatever that may be) lapel pin etc be part of the new package for buyers after the first 1000?

·
Registered
121 Posts
scan the playbook

Go ahead and scan the Playbook. I know others would like to see it. I had one on loan on the QT last night but sadly I don't have a scanner. On the inside back cover there are the illustrations of all the colors; in your Playbook does Aggressive look very orange? I ask just out of curiosity now because the paint codes have been identified and it's definitely red. I just wondered if all the Playbooks seem to have missed color matching quality control.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The posters are supposed to be given away as promos to customers on April 15th. Unfortunately from my experience with the local dealers, they do end up getting trashed a lot or the employees take them (usually in the service department, they are the only ones that actually like cars).

The table toppers they only got two of (my dealer got the B/smaller package) so they kept one. The pins I think there were quite a few of, they gave the rest to the sales staff.

I am sure other people will be able to get their hands on these things, but it just depends on the attitude of the dealership. I think more of them will trash the stuff from not caring rather than not be willing to give it to you.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, the Aggressive definitely looks like orange in the playbook...and I think it looks a lot better than the pictures of red that I've seen. But then again, I don't typically like red cars (I am ordering Deep).

·
Registered
288 Posts
My problem with the playbook is that most of the images were old. I didn't see any solstii in there that had the "baby arms" or the radio antenna. Also, one image of the left side of the car didn't have the gas tank.

Very confusing. This is supposed to give the potential buyers an idea of the car, but they keep leaving some pretty important stuff out.

Just give us some nice final shots of the cars. They have to know by now what the final version is going to look like.

Sheesh.

·
5,641 Posts
"I went looking through the dumpster with the service manager but the only banner was for the On-Star hot button promotion. Have the banners been shipped yet or is it possible they haven't gotten it?"

That would be the OnStar banner with the label on the box that says "use of this banner is mandatory to participate in the Hot Button program", right? :lol: :lol:

The Solstice banner hasn't been received yet. The banners lately have been coming in seperate shipments, must be from a different source.

As far as scanning the "playbook', there is nothing on it or in it that says it is confidential, so it is your call. The "playbook" isn't really to help sales. The inside rear cover is one side of the "hero cards" we are suppose to be getting. (which we can download now from a secure site) There is a consumer booklet that should be arriving shortly. (Most brochures come from GM's mail vendor, which ship one box each week to each dealer on Friday. We get ours on Wednesday, so maybe tommorrow.) Also 5-15 copies of a larger brochure are suppose to arrive by fedex on the 15th to give you all something to read while you wait. :lol: :lurk: ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts