Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For one, I love reading other Solstice owners experiences with the general public showing interest in the Solstice. Many of you, except probably Dori San, can give plenty of stories of gawkers, people coming up to them to ask "what is it?", and just strike up admiring conversations about the car whenever it's parked.

Today, I had that experience. As I was driving through a shopping center near the house, a beautiful Imola red jag convertible was driving in the opposite direction, his top down too, pulling on a nice cigar stopped right in front of me...inched up and said "I love your car". In fact, he said he liked mine a hellavalot better than his and he was going to get rid of it to get a Solstice. His car was a 2002 Jag, in great condition! (he said his gas mileage sucked too!)

As an owner of a Sol, you gotta love that!

·
5,600 Posts
Well, that is about the nicest complement I've seen posted. The bottom line is, we all know the Solstice is gorgeous. Does GM know that if all their cars were gorgeous, they would never have to offer incentives to get rid of them?

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
THE reason

My 1966 Datsun SPL311 Fairlady got a bunch of compliments.... not so much in my 86 Must GT conv or 01 Miata. I look forward to getting back into car conversations when driving my Solstice.

Pure polished sand. convient power, anti-slip. 3400 on 10/19. Delivery expected before 2007 :willy:

Thanks Cricket and John. Post #1.

ALL - This is my virgin post.... EVER... this forum or any other. :)

·
5,600 Posts
So you lost your virginity on this forum? :leaving:

:jester:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
yep... It took the Solstice to being me into the world of mutually unhappy frustrated future owners. "MUFF" for short :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Jaguire Owner

wannasolstice2 said:
For one, I love reading other Solstice owners experiences with the general public showing interest in the Solstice. Many of you, except probably Dori San, can give plenty of stories of gawkers, people coming up to them to ask "what is it?", and just strike up admiring conversations about the car whenever it's parked.

Today, I had that experience. As I was driving through a shopping center near the house, a beautiful Imola red jag convertible was driving in the opposite direction, his top down too, pulling on a nice cigar stopped right in front of me...inched up and said "I love your car". In fact, he said he liked mine a hellavalot better than his and he was going to get rid of it to get a Solstice. His car was a 2002 Jag, in great condition! (he said his gas mileage sucked too!)

As an owner of a Sol, you gotta love that!
The Jag owner across the street is desperately looking around the area for himself...found one, but it was "Cool" with two tone interior just like mine...says he found a blue one that he they’re going to get. We'll see next week.
The Jag has some nice lines and so does the BMW to some degree but you need a kidney belt to drive around in them...they beat you senseless.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I found out two nights ago I have a stalker! I pulled into a strip mall to go have dinner with my girlfriend. A white SUV pulled up next to me. I female was driving and a male got out of the passenger side and literrally ran over to me and said that he and his son saw me a week earlier in the car. They followed me around (I wasn't paying attention - need to go back to spy school)...any way, they followed me around to figure out what type of car it was. They couldn't quite figure it out. So, he saw me again the other night and since I pulled into a parking space (well, two actually - parked at an angle....lol).... he had a chance to find out what type of car and asked a lot of questions. It's amazing how much attention this car gets. The biggest kick is when they find out how little this car cost! I have a stack of business cards from my Pontiac salesman....i hand them out on occasions like this!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I like the looks of the Jaguar convert alot, but cant afford one. I think there is a similar theme in the curves, like an E-type, that draws one in.

I had a Z06 chase me down to see what it was and he loved that it was a Pontiac. It also gave me a chance to admire his car as well.

I relish the look on people's faces when I tell them MSRP.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Must be a Jaguar day. I was at a mall today. An XJ followed me till I parked and asked me a bunch of questions.

He really liked the car.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
wannasolstice2 said:
Many of you, except probably Dori San, can give plenty of stories of gawkers, people coming up to them to ask "what is it?", and just strike up admiring conversations about the car whenever it's parked.
I have had a few, just not as many as I was thinking I'd have. I also have 2 journal entries to update. There are a couple more stories coming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts