Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll try to make this short.

Jeg's was offering a SLP Catback exhaust for $250 on there website for the Grand Prix (about half off). Someone posted the deal on clubgp. Lots of people bought it. Jeg's is not shipping complete kits now. They have left the 'I' pipe out purposely and are trying to charge ANOTHER $250 for the missing pipe.

Here's the links:

Original Thread
Post Purchase Thread

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Dude, that really blows. Did anyone have confirmation the kit was supposed to come with the I pipe in the first place?

hehehe just find someone else to fab it and sell it for half the price they want. :D

·
Registered
527 Posts
SLP only produces systems with I pipes and it was advertised as a "cat-back system". Without an I pipe it can hardly be described as a "cat-back" system. Not to mention they ripped open the shipping and removed the packing slip in all these shipments to try and cover their tracks. Good thing is that the I pipe would be the easiest piece to have replaced at an exhaust shop. If you were already paying $50 for installation, I bet they'd only charge an extra $20 for the pipe.

Still, Jegs has no legs on this issue. What they are doing is completely illegal and I for one will never spend a buck with them after hearing about this. I've always been a summit guy anyway.

One call nails your ballz to the wall.
One click gets you ripped off quick.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
What bothered me more than the screwup the co. did whether intentional or a pure mistake and regardless of how it all turns out was the pure hostility going on against and among members there. Not my cup of tea, and hope this forum stays on the decent track. There will be better ways to post and resolve problems with vendors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts