Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Once in awhile I see a non-Solstice car item that might amuse some.

Here is one - a Jensen Interceptor (a car I have owned in several versions) with a Viper engine stuffed into it, and updated bodywork. What do you think?

The New Jensen Viperceptor SE - Home

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,475 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for the Jensen Interceptors. Since they always had a Chrysler V8, the Viper V10 isn't too outrageous, though it's probably overkill.

:dunno:

·
Registered
7,161 Posts
One of my favourite cars as a kid was the FF. Love the styling of that new one.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The FF was way before its time with the 4WD and antilock brakes (sourced from the aeronautic oigins) in the 1960s. They tested it as a promotion by taking it to Switzerland and driving up a ski hill with summer tires.

One hobbyist took an FF and customized it into something Jensen never built - an Interceptor convertible with a 440 sixpack, with a rather nice result.

I'll be driving my 1971 Interceptor this summer - only a 383 with around 350 BHP in it, but a wonderful smooth tourer. My older oddball plastic bodied Jensen CV8 with the sixpack is faster, though but the styling of that one is an acquired taste.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
Side question: Is your Interceptor RHD? I would assume so... How many of them are then in NA (big round numbers if you know).

That would actually be an AWESOME GT car... I forget, does it have back seats?

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Side question: Is your Interceptor RHD? I would assume so... How many of them are then in NA (big round numbers if you know).

That would actually be an AWESOME GT car... I forget, does it have back seats?
Mine is LHD as were most of the ones sent to North America. There were about 1400 sent to this continent. They produced 6400 all told (my older model, a CV8 was one of only 500, all but 10 of which are RHD).

They have rear seats, but with normal sized drivers, they are suitable only for children, dogs small adults or luggage.

They make great GT cars - I've driven from Lake Tahoe to Vancouver in one shot and could still walk when I got out! You can hear the radio at 120 mph (I managed to find a metric speedo sop mine no longer reads to 160 mph it goes to 280 (IIRC) kph.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts