Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with a salesman at a dealership just 10 miles from where I ordered my Solstice. They are selling for MSRP. My dealer (Hiatt Pontiac, on the list of price gouging dealers), is charging me $2500 over MSRP (would be $5,000 but I guess since the salesman "promised" it for MSRP, they took pitty on me or just didn't want to lose the sale) and $5,000 over for everyone else.

MY REQUEST: :blueangel Can you please move my order to the other dealer who is not price gouging and all the other orders as well and notify the person who ordered the car and then not give any Sols to Hiatt for at least a year for punishment. :blueangel I guess it would be nice to offer them the opportunity to sell at MSRP before taking the order from them.

This was my thought on how you can enforce your wishes on having the car sold for MSRP.

If you can do this, let me know and I'll tell you which dealer was selling for MSRP.

Thank you for taking a look.

·
Registered
472 Posts
There are still great dealers out there selling at MSRP.
GM has all the Pontiac dealers listed on-line.
I am glad that you found one.
It pays to shop around.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently going to buy from one of the price gougers, I've waited this long for my car and I don't want to start over. What I want is to be treated the way Pontiac wants me to be treated like I'm their dog and I should just pay them the markup and like it.

I asked one of the sales staff the other day (when I went in and looked at #744) are they going to honor Pontiacs request to sell at MSRP. The salesman looked me straight in the eye and said "That's never going to happen" and had a smerk on his face when he said it. On top of that, they and the $5,000 mark up sticker on F1K car and I asked them if the owner was paying MSRP like they are supposed to be. They said yes, but I'm not sure I believe them.

So, I may have found a dealer that is selling at MSRP, but I'm not buying my care there, Hence my reason for starting this thread.

I expect my car to be delivered by the end of this month since #744 made it here less then 5 weeks after birth. Even if I lost my $1,000 deposit, it would still be cheaper to buy from the other dealer if pontiac would step up to the plate and move my order to the right dealer for me (and the other buyers at Hiatt Pontiac in Tacoma, WA) so that we don't have to pay the unbelievable markup.

·
Registered
36 Posts
i know how you feel about Hiatt. We were going to buy the First GMC Envoy that they were getting in back in 2002, but they wanted to charge 3 grand over MSRP. So we bought from Rotters in Olympia.

SgtMilburn: Where did you say you saw a solstice in WA? Do you know if it is still there??? We are waiting for #913 from Rotters in Olympia, but we haven't seen one in person yet!

Good luck with the dealership

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was #744 at Hiatt on last friday. The owner was to pick it up last Saturday morning. I left my phone number with her salesman (i'm sure he just threw it away, they all seem to be jerks there) but she hasn't called me yet. We should start a local Solstice club.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Red61985... has your #913 arrived in Olympia yet? If not, and you would like to see my #744, I will be taking it to the new owner orientation at Hiatt Pontiac this Tuesday Oct 18 at 6:45pm...that is if it's not raining!

Sgt, the salesman never game me your phone #! I would love to be a part of a local Solstice club.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts