Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just taken my GXP for a spin today after installing JPM's shifter. I am blown away. I was sitting on the fence for a long while wondering if it was worth the investment. Well, I am very happy to report it was worth every penny and then some. I love the look, the feel, the way it shifts, everything. I had read all the previous posts, hands down everyone who has this shifter has nothing but good to say about it, so you can add my name to a very satisfied list of JPM customers. Like other JPM'ers I had the dickens of a time getting the stock set screw to break free. I used multiple applications of acetone along with a very hot butane torch. Finally after destroying 2 allen wrenches it finally begrudgingly came loose, sort off. It was still very hard to undo, but I did get there. Once that was accomplished, the rest of the install went smoothly.

Thank You JPM

Don from Nanaimo

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
I love mine. It was one of the things had done by Joe when I drove down to JPM in 2010. A great mod!!!!!:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,226 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
can someone post some photo's of it? sounds interesting.

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
Oh, OK. I was thinking it was a completely new setup. Looks good. I'm always hitting the on / off knob on the radio with my thumb. if this shifter helps eliminate that then I can see it being worth it to me.

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
It is lighter, adjustable for height so you can make it quite short if you wish, and allows any standard shift ball to be mounted.

I have a custom made Cavalry Branch shift knob.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
That sounds good. I looked at the artest series and if they had an Eddie head I'd buy it for sure. I like the stock ball just fine though but if I can shorten the thing then it would be much better. OK... JPM shifter added to the list.

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Here is mine.....

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here's mine. I spent $29.40 on it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I thought you had a T56? :confused:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yep-- he does... and the T56 is a 6 speed tranny--- so's the T66 and the TR6060!!

·
Super Moderator
16,390 Posts
Yep-- he does... and the T56 is a 6 speed tranny--- so's the T66 and the TR6060!!
the T56 is an 8 speed transmission
1 through 6, reverse and neutral. = 8:devil:

·
Registered
628 Posts
Rob--- you're not tipping the bottle are you?

t-56 6 forward gears 1 reverse gear--- not sure when neutral became a gear...

·
Registered
164 Posts
the T56 is an 8 speed transmission
1 through 6, reverse and neutral. = 8:devil:
No, no, no. :nono: Reverse is a direction and neutral is no gear or speed. :toetap: :D

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
wow, that's a lot of shifting. you probably don't ever use 1st and 6th huh. Anyway, thanks for the photo in a forward position. I hit my radio knob at couple times a week. just depends on what I'm thinking about I guess. Anyway, I have it on the list. BTW, does the ring pop off exposing the base or is it more complicated like the freakin antenna?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Read this thread, and broke down and ordered one...

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
These shifters change two things - length, which affects how far you need to throw to change gears, and appearance. As I have no problems with either with the stock shifter, and as the after market shifters do nothing to address the only thing I think might be an improvement, looseness (I think tightening up the slack in the mechanism as it goes into the trans might be nice) I guess I am not a customer for this sort of thing.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts