Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just got a message from my dealer saying that my order is being pulled by GM for a July 18th Build Date? This car is not EOP, regular production allocation. Does this sound right to anyone...last I heard we were thinking of a November delivery for non-EOP cars.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
515 Posts
MisterE said:
Hi All,

Just got a message from my dealer saying that my order is being pulled by GM for a July 18th Build Date? This car is not EOP, regular production allocation. Does this sound right to anyone...last I heard we were thinking of a November delivery for non-EOP cars.
I seem to remember having it confirmed that the 1000 EOP cars will be the first 1000 off the line. I think your dealer is incorrect.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Does seem strange if you are not first 1000. Maybe he connected 2 independant things, the start of production date and the fact your order was pulled.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Hopefully for you your dealer is right and there are secret non-union elves building the first 1000 late at night in an underground GM facility (next to area 51) that will be released before July 18th. I can at least hope...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
sol4soul said:
Hopefully for you your dealer is right and there are secret non-union elves building the first 1000 late at night in an underground GM facility (next to area 51) that will be released before July 18th. I can at least hope...
The union has nothing to do with the delay. Do you want a quality product or not ? GEESH !!!!!!!!!!!
Just have some patience.
 

·
Mod Emeritus
Joined
·
7,468 Posts
goofy said:
The union has nothing to do with the delay. Do you want a quality product or not ? GEESH !!!!!!!!!!!
Just have some patience.
I don't think he was implying the delays were the unions fault. I just think he was trying to be funny, hoping that GM is secretly building Solstice's off site! :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Thank you Fformula88. I was not blaming unions and I am patient. I want a finished product. I was more thinking elves love work so much that they wouldn't need a union, because negotiations for benefits and such just wouldn't matter to the lil' fellows. ;) I think some people are so stressed out over the wait they are getting snippy at any attempt at humor. Maybe we could file a class action lawsuit against GM for intentional infliction of emotional distress. :willy:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Well over here; http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3137 we have a Canadian member saying he's been given a July 18th build date. We all know there's no EOP cars for Canada.

I think a lot of people are taking what they're saying about the first 1000 a little to literally. I really bet they'll build EOP and non-EOP at the same time. However the EOP's will be the first to be considered 'completed' and the first to ship. For example say they have a very limited number of leather seats. They're not going to stop building all together just so all of the EOP cars can be first. If there's a supply issue that stops the EOP's from coming out at the current line speed I really bet Canadian, Post-EOP-Pre-4-Month, and finally 4-month allocation cars will get mixed in.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
585 Posts
sol4soul said:
Thank you Fformula88. I was not blaming unions and I am patient. I want a finished product. I was more thinking elves love work so much that they wouldn't need a union, because negotiations for benefits and such just wouldn't matter to the lil' fellows. ;) I think some people are so stressed out over the wait they are getting snippy at any attempt at humor. Maybe we could file a class action lawsuit against GM for intentional infliction of emotional distress. :willy:
I’m not getting snippy!! :brentil:
What did you mean by that?!! :brentil:
Are you talking to me?!!! :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
If you're asking me I'm from a suburb a little bit north of Chicago right near Northwestern U. I ordered Mysterious after my debate between black and blue. Rhyming my sentences was purely coincidence.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
5,641 Posts
MisterE said:
Just got a message from my dealer saying that my order is being pulled by GM for a July 18th Build Date? This car is not EOP, regular production allocation.
Your dealer could be correct about your order getting pulled during this weeks order cycle. This is the first order cycle that will be pulling regular allocation orders. They may have allocation this week to cover enough orders to include where you may be on their priority wait list.


The GM order system assigns target production weeks or target production periods, not specific days. The target production period for this order cycle is 7/18/05-8/7/05. I don't believe in these dates for these orders.

Production hasn't even started. Generally GM shuts down for the first two weeks of July. Once production does start, there is a minimum of 20+ days to produce the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices and the two make up classes of orders. At minimum that would put regular allocation production in the last part of Augsut at the soonest.

GM has also announced that they will no longer be listing target production weeks for new production product. So even when the orders are pciked up, your dealer will not know when it might be built.



So in summary, yes to being picked up, no to July 18th production.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
899 Posts
Dealer just called and as they were putting my order in-I am #1 in their first allocation-they were told that Pontiac is out of the tan and gray leather for now. If I say I wait for the leather my order will get delayed. I cannot order black cloth seats and plan to leather them my self because you can only get black cloth then the dash is black also. Has anyone else run into this???? :cuss: :cuss: :brentil: :brentil: :brentil:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
I think I recall someone else mentioning that they were out of tan and gray. Must be popular.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,210 Posts
Sounds strange if you are #1 in their allocation. I might buy it if you are the 9000th order that they could have delay on some material.

First I've heard of any material delay. I have sand/steel too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Do we know yet what plant the Solstice will be built ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
905 Posts
Willmington, DE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
405 Posts
Small Dealer said:
Your dealer could be correct about your order getting pulled during this weeks order cycle. This is the first order cycle that will be pulling regular allocation orders. They may have allocation this week to cover enough orders to include where you may be on their priority wait list.


The GM order system assigns target production weeks or target production periods, not specific days. The target production period for this order cycle is 7/18/05-8/7/05. I don't believe in these dates for these orders.

Production hasn't even started. Generally GM shuts down for the first two weeks of July. Once production does start, there is a minimum of 20+ days to produce the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices and the two make up classes of orders. At minimum that would put regular allocation production in the last part of Augsut at the soonest.

GM has also announced that they will no longer be listing target production weeks for new production product. So even when the orders are pciked up, your dealer will not know when it might be built.



So in summary, yes to being picked up, no to July 18th production.
The Info I got is right from the GM system not from dealer info...."Released to Production" "Target build week 07/18/05"
 
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Top