Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of this may be old hat but there has been so much misinformation going around that I thought this might help clarify things.

Directly from GM official production/marketing schedule. Solstice production is scheduled to begin in June with initial delivery to dealers in June/July. Big promos scheduled for week of June 20th. Suspect GM wants some cars to be in dealers hands by June 21 for their "Summer Solstice" promotion.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Thanks Pas22. Seems like it would be tough to get many to dealers by June 21 if they don't start in May. Oh well, half the summer gone.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thats assuming they can stick to that schedule too. Some recent GM vehicles have had trouble making it to production on time without delays. There was some rumors here too that there are some supplier problems too that could cause Solstice delays. :(

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Fformula88 said:
Thats assuming they can stick to that schedule too. Some recent GM vehicles have had trouble making it to production on time without delays. There was some rumors here too that there are some supplier problems too that could cause Solstice delays. :(
That is what usually causes production delays. The only item they have posted so far for delayed availability (other than the auto trans) is no Chrome wheels until September.

Which brings up something else. For those of us that might opt for early production cars with painted rims, we could always have them chromed. But it might be cheaper just to buy aftermarket. A/R for one makes a number of reasonably priced great looking chrome rims.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The key to chrome wheels is having a set on your car while the others are being chromed. I have a source that will do them for the cheap price of $400.00 plus shipping. Once again, what to do when those wheels are out? :(

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jwvrod said:
The key to chrome wheels is having a set on your car while the others are being chromed. I have a source that will do them for the cheap price of $400.00 plus shipping. Once again, what to do when those wheels are out? :(

$400 is indead cheap, I am used to pricing on chroming for Harley parts and its exspensive.

·
5,600 Posts
jwvrod said:
I would be VERY wary of anyone who claims they can provide quality chrome cheaply. Most of the good chrome shops have long since folded due to low demand and soaring costs related to environmental emissions and controls.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Might be Atlanta vs San Francisco. Not every state has California's environmental emissions and controls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts