Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello and good day. I have a yellow 07 solstice with few modz (bov, trifecta tune, c.a.i, flowmasters, gauges boost and wideband, rims staggered 20") just to name a few. I was involved in a little accident (front bumper, and hood was damaged) So instead of buying the factory bumper, I brought the full RKSPORTS kit with carbon fiber spoiler and VIS carbon fiber oem hood.

I'm curious if anyone has these exact parts or close too it? So i can get a idea of ow the car would look, Also purchase the rear black GM mud flaps. What im going for is yellow painted RK bumper but the bottom lip i would like painted black , black painted RK spoiler that will sit with my black vinyl strips, side skirts will be painted black.

I'm also going to the norms Diffuser Fascia painted black (carbon fiber would have been bettter lol)

So here's my questions
1 How hard is it to get the RK bumper to fit on the GXP?

2 Does any one have a picture of what the VIS on the solstice can't seem to find one?

3 Can someone with photoshops skill draw something up (please) so i can have a idea?

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this. I hope i didnt confuse you too much lol

YouTube Link

Link of the damage

·
Registered
406 Posts
Alright man i did my best i could but heres my Photoshop, as with all my other ones it looks better if you squint!

heres the first with the bumper done and no side skirts also i couldn't do the CF hood, so i did the RK one

here is the same one with black side skirts the dont look to well thats why i left them off on the first

hope this helps some!! :cool: :thumbs: also what car is that in your icon next to the sol?

·
Registered
220 Posts
I hope the sound of those sirens @ 3:06 are the cops coming to take their damn license away! I feel for you man!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright man i did my best i could but heres my Photoshop, as with all my other ones it looks better if you squint!

heres the first with the bumper done and no side skirts also i couldn't do the CF hood, so i did the RK one

here is the same one with black side skirts the dont look to well thats why i left them off on the first

hope this helps some!! :cool: :thumbs: also what car is that in your icon next to the sol?
Holy crap im in love with the second photo, Good job! Also i think you could have just paint the whole hood just plain black, that would give me some type of idea. great job tho, i like the black lip and the side shirts.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope the sound of those sirens @ 3:06 are the cops coming to take their damn license away! I feel for you man!

I wish dude! i wish. Dumb chic try and lie to the insurance company and say i was tail gating her (notice i have right side damage) i would have front end if that was true. but its going to cost her 4k to fit my car which, i got the check from allstate today (so im happy).

·
Registered
406 Posts
here we go i fixed it some, it should look carbonfiber-ish on the hood :thumbs:

ALSO I DID MAKE THE HEADLIGHT SURROUNDS BLACK SO IF YOU LIKE THEM YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY STREET EDITON HEADLIGHTS OR PAINT YOURS BLACK!! just saying since your going for the black and yellow look

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here we go i fixed it some, it should look carbonfiber-ish on the hood :thumbs:

ALSO I DID MAKE THE HEADLIGHT SURROUNDS BLACK SO IF YOU LIKE THEM YOU WILL HAVE TO BUY STREET EDITON HEADLIGHTS OR PAINT YOURS BLACK!! just saying since your going for the black and yellow look
Man this looks F-ing epic! i love it. Yeah i wish my headlight housing was black like that, but im guessing that not too hard to do? I rather the picture you have with that black shirts as it give the car a more exotic look, And yes black and yellow all the way lol.

·
Registered
406 Posts
headlights arent that hard too do, maybe you can take them off when you drop off the car at the shop and do them at home and put them back on when you pick it up?? there are alot of write ups on how to black them out! also i like the black side skirts too at first i thought i wouldnt but they just look soo good! and also nice MR2 i wanted one but it was between that and the sol! the sol just looks so much better stock, if i got a mr2 id be in the hole with body mods :willy: but sweet rides man! hope the pictures helped some, just remember lean back in your chair and squint! :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
headlights arent that hard too do, maybe you can take them off when you drop off the car at the shop and do them at home and put them back on when you pick it up?? there are alot of write ups on how to black them out! also i like the black side skirts too at first i thought i wouldnt but they just look soo good! and also nice MR2 i wanted one but it was between that and the sol! the sol just looks so much better stock, if i got a mr2 id be in the hole with body mods :willy: but sweet rides man! hope the pictures helped some, just remember lean back in your chair and squint! :lol:

Hey Thanks, Glad you like them. I was going for a louts before the sol, but choose the sol because of all the trouble i've had with me MR2 (lotus=toyota) Your right, the sol does look a hell of a lot better then a stock MR2 spyder, but the way i have my spyder hooked up the sol can't touch it lol.

LMAO @squinting i didn't have although, you made light work of coming up with that so fast and it looks so good so i didn't have too (not to mention my screen is 57 inches on my computer :cool:)

·
Registered
406 Posts
ahh i see haha and yeah i try to do as best as i can but hey 5 mins is all it takes to get a good picture of what itll look like! :thumbs: well good luck with the build and post pictues when its all fixed and buttoned up! :grouphug:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Sorry to hear about the crash you had.
I know exactly what you mean. Drivers these days. Just no good. ive had so many occasion where it would of been a accident or a minor accident just got to be careful. my biggest pet peeve is when your like on the frontage(side of expressway) and theirs likes to merge to it. and yor going at lets say 45 whats the max speed and a car just merges to your lane and they actually go supper slow. and cant switch lanes. Because theirs other cars coming. So actually from 45 you have ot slow down to what 25 or even 20 :( so sad. Or, ha i was turning to a street and the way the street its thers 2 lanes to turn. and following those 2 lanes. theres2 to go straight well what this person did when when i was about to turn well this person was on the farthest lane to turn and basically had to just 3 lanes. to go straight ( guess she didnt know what she was doing) so as i was turning she cut me off to reach 3rd lane good thing i was able to brake in time. I hope i explained that right. Just so many things. I care for this car much just like im sure everyone else does :)
Thats actually another reason why i dont park it next to anyone. People now a days just dont care. Today i actually was walking to target. and i see this guy just open his door and hit the other car not even caring :( Pretty sad.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts