Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help this forum has given me through the years. I recently saved a $1,000 dollars because of it too!

My car hit 100,000 miles a few months back. Just the other day my check engine light came on. Took it to Advance Auto to borrow their reader. Code PO420. I googled it and popped up in this forum as a possibility of a bad catalytic converter. After some research I found here that they extended the warranty on the catalytic converters to 120,000 miles.

Took the car to the dealership and sure enough it was the catalytic converter. The service rep came back with the bill being very close to $1,000 I would have to pay (parts and labor). I politely asked if he could check the warranty on it since I read on this car forum it had been extended. Sure enough he went to the computer and a minute later said I was correct and I wouldn't have to pay anything. Since they had to order it over night they even gave me a loaner Buick which was brand new 2013 with 300 miles on it. With it being under warranty all of that was offered/covered for free.

My car was getting 17 mpg before the repair after the check engine light. Now I'm getting about 29. Big savings on gas. And in fact I'm getting better gas mileage then when I bought the car new (it was used).

So a big thank you for saving me some money, stress, and helping people like us out here.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Curious...I thought the 120,000 cat warranty only applied to '06 models.

Maybe some early '07s were included?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
433 Posts
Just wanted to say thanks for all the help this forum has given me through the years. I recently saved a $1,000 dollars because of it too!

My car hit 100,000 miles a few months back. Just the other day my check engine light came on. Took it to Advance Auto to borrow their reader. Code PO420. I googled it and popped up in this forum as a possibility of a bad catalytic converter. After some research I found here that they extended the warranty on the catalytic converters to 120,000 miles.

Took the car to the dealership and sure enough it was the catalytic converter. The service rep came back with the bill being very close to $1,000 I would have to pay (parts and labor). I politely asked if he could check the warranty on it since I read on this car forum it had been extended. Sure enough he went to the computer and a minute later said I was correct and I wouldn't have to pay anything. Since they had to order it over night they even gave me a loaner Buick which was brand new 2013 with 300 miles on it. With it being under warranty all of that was offered/covered for free.

My car was getting 17 mpg before the repair after the check engine light. Now I'm getting about 29. Big savings on gas. And in fact I'm getting better gas mileage then when I bought the car new (it was used).

So a big thank you for saving me some money, stress, and helping people like us out here.
I am glad you were able to utilize the forum and received quality service from the dealership to resolved the problem. Keep us us posted if you any recurrences or other car issues. Regards.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
This is very good to know. I printed this information with the letter from GM and will keep in a file for future use, if needed. Great advice and help on this forum.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts