Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, just picked up, today, a 2006 Solstice Base with 64k miles. Well kept and maintained. Clean Carfax (for what that's worth).

Looking forward to a lot of tips and tricks from this community.

Request: As a new owner, what do I need to know? Do? Not do? Etc.

Thanks!
Dave

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Registered
2006 red 2.4 5sp, very low km
148 Posts
Be gentle with the top until you learn it. All the info you need on here. Spend the time to observe the mechanics of it so you dont bend the latch by letting it go. Be gentle with the hood and trunk (humps are thin). No slamming.....bring close to closed and drop. Once you get the feel it is second nature and trouble free. The learning curve is quite steep for our unique cars, but this forum and the experience and willingness to help is as good or better than I have seen. You will be knowledgeable in no time if you are inquisitive. Congratulations on your purchase.

· Registered
574 Posts
Two very important things to know right off the bat, and one's already been mentioned. #1- When you open the latch inside the cabin to release the top, leave the latch in the open position when you stow the top. #2 - Don't put your hand on the humps to close the trunk.

Oh! And #3 - Don't put your weight on the center console.

· Registered
546 Posts
Two very important things to know right off the bat, and one's already been mentioned. #1- When you open the latch inside the cabin to release the top, leave the latch in the open position when you stow the top. #2 - Don't put your hand on the humps to close the trunk.

Oh! And #3 - Don't put your weight on the center console.
lol on #3, cracked mine.

· Premium Member
2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP
1,001 Posts
Don't pull all the way into parking spots... parking stops are higher than our car's noses! Enjoy your new ride :cool:

· Registered
2006 solstice, white, 5 speed
25 Posts
I was driving (being driven) over 44/55 in Walker Valley when out of the corner of my eye was a nice looking solstice in someone's driveway., Any new members get a solstice in my area?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts