Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
]Just purchased a 2008 Solstice with only 9,000 miles. I have had it for two weeks and love it. Anything I should look for? It already had the wind screen, rear spoiler and side windows tinted. I checked the air filter and it is stock.

·
AKA SolWhat?
10,480 Posts
Welcome to the forum, read a lot, drive the Sol a lot and enjoy the permagrin you recently acquired! :dthumbs: :yay:

·
Registered
167 Posts
congrats on the buy!! like the spoiler on the trunk lid.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Nice looking solstice and and only 9000 miles that's real good. You need to get a KN cold air intake and a cat back exhaust. Let it breath. You'll see a big improvment. Find a local group of owners. Do some runs and have fun.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Congratulations:

I too have recently purchased a 2006 2.4 with 17,500 miles. Like yourself I'm want to do a few mods and was interested in your spoiler. Where did you get it?

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Nice ride! You're gonna have a lot of fun.

Nose around the forums and you'll find (especially recently) some good postings on things to keep an eye on.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Congrats on your ride!!:thumbs: Looks great:cool:

There is a huge amount of info on this site....I can see the a small fortune going into mods for mine in the near future...:willy:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Word of advice! Park FAR-FAR away from other cars when you leave it in a parking lot. These things seem to attract oblivious-door-dinging-morons like NO other car!!! I've had to repair 4 of them @ $100/per ding!

·
Super Moderator
16,393 Posts
Welcome!

Always nice to see a new member and a very good looking low mile car

If you check some of the threads from 08 or 09 you will see a lot of discussion about CAIs and various potential improvements.

I went with an after market filter but after seeing several members reporting MAF contamination issues and no improvement in performance, I went back to the factory filter

The stock airbox is very efficient. According to GM engineers on this forum the stock intake does not limit HP. The 2.0 is very sensitive to MAF variations so any change has a certain amount of risk for little to no gain. Frankly, the "benefit" of a reusable filter element is offset by the fact that our cars tend to be low mileage so there is no cost benefit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats on picking up a great ride!

As for mods, check out the Trifecta tune. A relatively cheap way to get an extra 40HP without any hardware changes! And then take a look at Solo exhausts to make your Solstice growl....

It's also not too late to join us in NC for the annual gathering of Solstice/Sky owners. Check the forum for the NASSM 2012 threads.

NASSM 2012 - Ashville NC - June 19-24 2012

Bob

1 - 13 of 13 Posts