Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend just bought a beautiful Honda Del Sol VTEC for $2800. I can 't believe I fit so well in it.

Can anyone who has owned a Del Sol before a Solstice comment how the two compare in legroom?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I always liked the Del Sol's but wished they had more aggressive styling. It has been a while since I drove a Del Sol, but I would say leg room is comparable. Both have a fairly snug layout, but nothing as confining as a Miata.

I drove a Sol today and felt the Sol legroom was more than adequate. I am 6'0", did not have the seat all the way back, and was very comfortable. Peopel taller than myself I suspect would also find legroom in the Sol acceptable. But it is hard to say, since everyone has different leg/torso dimensions.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm 6'2" and found that I need to have the seat all the way back to fit like I would like to. When the top is up I have about an inch above my head. My inseam is 33", that would probably help you tell the leg room the most.

On the flip side, when I was at the dealer this other guy was looking at the car who was maybe 6' or 6'1" and his head totally stuck up above the windshield. He just happen to have really short leg and a long torso. It is hard to judge how an individual person will fit.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Del Sol

TOY4TWO said:
My girlfriend just bought a beautiful Honda Del Sol VTEC for $2800. I can 't believe I fit so well in it.

Can anyone who has owned a Del Sol before a Solstice comment how the two compare in legroom?
I sold my 1993 Del Sol to buy my Solstice.
Interior driving position is very similar however the Del Sol had all that room behind the seats and that sweet rear window that goes down.
Acceleration and engine sound are similar. I feel right at home in the Solstice.
Now if I only had the trunk space the Del Sol had; but I don't miss the body shake when I removed the targa top

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
I store a Del Sol for our best friends every winter so I get a little driving time with it. The seating position seems lower without as much support in the Del, although Honda seats are pretty good. The extra trunk space is in lieu of it being a true droptop. The lack of ps in tight parking can be a pain, although I am niypicking here since I looked at one last fall and thought long and hard about picking it up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts