Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to my original dealer to get an update on my car which I ordered on april 18th but no luck on any info, so I started to make some calls to a few dealers and found one that is in transit and should be hear any day as a matter effect the dealer thinks it is in ashawa right now because it's been in transit since august 18th and they have to keep them there until the week of Sept. 26th. Now I even have a Serial# 1G2MB33B46Y100756. Now I wonder if I should cancel the first one which is a 1st allowcation at that dealer. the only deference with the two cars is that one is Black Leather and my original is two tone. :willy:

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Igmyster said:
I went to my original dealer to get an update on my car which I ordered on april 18th but no luck on any info, so I started to make some calls to a few dealers and found one that is in transit and should be hear any day as a matter effect the dealer thinks it is in ashawa right now because it's been in transit since august 18th and they have to keep them there until the week of Sept. 26th. Now I even have a Serial# 1G2MB33B46Y100756. Now I wonder if I should cancel the first one which is a 1st allowcation at that dealer. the only deference with the two cars is that one is Black Leather and my original is two tone. :willy:
Does anyone smell a rat here??? I wonder, If this dealer is taking me for a ride there will be one less dealer around. :devil:

·
Registered
496 Posts
smell a rat

Igmyster said:
Does anyone smell a rat here??? I wonder, If this dealer is taking me for a ride there will be one less dealer around. :devil:
No, I think you are right on. I did the same thing.
Seems that Pontiac in it's wisdom has filled dealer "stock" orders before preferencing sold end customer orders. I have mentioned several cars on this forum that have been available for sale that are coming in soon.
If you don't want to wait, you should start making phone calls and send out emails to see if you can find a suitable car that is for dealer stock and not yet sold.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
big promo meet in oshawa

Did anyone here about the big dealer meet in oshawa on sept.26 to release all the solstices to the all the dealers? apperently the cars are allready in oshswa ready to be released to the dealers, every dealer gets one (Sly, loaded with ebony leather.) they are all the same package.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I think that there is something wrong with GM... dealer cars, promoting the sky before anybody even has info on their solstice. I JUST DON'T GET IT. i know that i am not the only one going a bit crazy hear and i know that there are alot of people ahead of me, but GM what the hell is going on? :brentil:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Igmyster said:
Did anyone here about the big dealer meet in oshawa on sept.26 to release all the solstices to the all the dealers? apperently the cars are allready in oshswa ready to be released to the dealers, every dealer gets one (Sly, loaded with ebony leather.) they are all the same package.
do you know if they are doing a similar promotion in the west?

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Igmyster said:
I just posted this but it disapeared.
Did you mean "ordered" or do you have 2 Sol's? There was no message in your thread, so I am not sure of what you meant ... but congats! ;) :lol:

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Marco said:
Hey MSG, nice avatar, but it almost looks like a cat getting a Bud long neck in the chest :lol:
It is animated, but I cannot seem to give it life. :lol: I believe that the cat is doing a Scarface scene. He is firing a gold plated machine gun (like Nicholas Cage's gun in Face Off). ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Promo

Igmyster said:
Yes, when I was ordering my mats and mud flaps the parts guy said they are having a Solstice party at the end of the month and he has something on his computer that they have a Solstice coming in. I thought this one Solstice per dealer was refuted at the Oshawa Solstice kickoff event last month.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
No I Didn't / Yes I do

MSG_McKee said:
Did you mean "ordered" or do you have 2 Sol's? There was no message in your thread, so I am not sure of what you meant ... but congats! ;) :lol:
No I didn't mean the order diapeared I meant the thread disapeared, I started this thread and when I went to see if there was any responce and I could not find it, so I started another one and then it reapeared so then there were two.... Yes I do have two sols ordered now but I'll have to cancle one of them, the one I bought yesterday should be here within 2 weeks since it's been in transit since Aug.26th, so I was promissed.

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Igmyster said:
No I didn't mean the order diapeared I meant the thread disapeared, I started this thread and when I went to see if there was any responce and I could not find it, so I started another one and then it reapeared so then there were two.... Yes I do have two sols ordered now but I'll have to cancle one of them, the one I bought yesterday should be here within 2 weeks since it's been in transit since Aug.26th, so I was promissed.
I never said your order disapeared. Take a deep breath and read my reply again. I said congratulations ... and that offer still stands. ;)

PS: the mods merged your threads ... so what I replied to was in the other one and may look out of place in the current one.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It feels good

MSG_McKee said:
I never said your order disapeared. Take a deep breath and read my reply again. I said congratulations ... and that offer still stands. ;)

PS: the mods merged your threads ... so what I replied to was in the other one and may look out of place in the current one.
Doesn't it feel good to breath in like that, thanks. OH and thanks for the CONGRATS. :)

·
LOST SOL
4,675 Posts
Igmyster said:
Doesn't it feel good to breath in like that, thanks. OH and thanks for the CONGRATS. :)
I cannot wait until I can take a deep breath ... and not choke (not the best of air over here)! ;) :lol: ;)

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
That IS what I Did...

I live in Phoenix AZ and I ordered My Solstice from a local dealer But will not take possesion until November. So I was able to track down #357 (Yes! a first 1k) in West Virgina and I Purchased it yesterday. I will fly out this week and drive my new toy back to Phoenix. As for my other Solstice coming in this November I guess it will go to the Highest Bidder... Any Takers?

·
Registered
167 Posts
chefmartin said:
I live in Phoenix AZ and I ordered My Solstice from a local dealer But will not take possesion until November. So I was able to track down #357 (Yes! a first 1k) in West Virgina and I Purchased it yesterday. I will fly out this week and drive my new toy back to Phoenix. As for my other Solstice coming in this November I guess it will go to the Highest Bidder... Any Takers?
How did you find a dealership that had one available? I think the dealership that I ordered from is yanking my chain. I ordered on 5/19 and still no VIN # and I am supposedly 1 of 4 in the first allocation. Also, I thought the first 1000 had to go to the person who ordered it.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
MSG_McKee said:
It is animated, but I cannot seem to give it life. :lol: I believe that the cat is doing a Scarface scene. He is firing a gold plated machine gun (like Nicholas Cage's gun in Face Off). ;)
Cleared up now, looks much more like a Kalishnakov. I'd better keep my dog away from that cat!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts