Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says I just bought my beautiful 07 black GXP two weeks ago and have been in love since day one. I just wanted to thank the members here for helping me with my decision to buy this beautiful machine. If it weren't for the stories and wealth of information I found here I may have been driving a Boxster right now. I was looking for something unique, sporty, economical, boosted, that could make good power with just a few bolt ons and the GXP fit the bill. As I said she's an 07, she's black on black, and only had 34000 miles on the clock when I bought her. So, thanks again to you all and I look forward to using the knowledge here to mod her and to sharing my progress with the community. Well that's it for now...take care everyone sincerely Dave

·
Premium Member
2,134 Posts
Welcome to the group. I know you will enjoy your new toy. There is a good local club near you (ChicagoLandRoadsters). Join in the club events and have a ball.

·
Super Moderator
16,399 Posts
Welcome Chit. Interesting name.:devil:

When I was in the Army back in the dark ages, the guys from Chitown used to talk a lot about being back on the block . ..:thumbs:

Welcome. You have a great car. A little red paint and it will be perfect!:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
10,465 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
welcome from CLR

Welcome ... glad to have another GXP near ChiTown ... we're from the SW Burbs (Mokena) ...

Glad to see you know about the Pontiac Solstice Forum ... it's the best reference for anything Solstice related and the best place to start ...

Here's our subforum CLR on Pontiac Solstice Forum
CLR - Pontiac Solstice Forum

We have a local club ... Chicagoland Roadsters ... please consider joining us ...

Here's the Chicagoland Roadsters homepage
http://chicagolandroadsters.com/

Here's the Calendar on the Chicagoland Roadsters site
http://chicagolandroadsters.com/index.php?option=com_events&Itemid=26

If you need more info ... or have any questions ... please post here or PM me or any other CLR member ... Cheers, Tony

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Chi R! enjoy the permagrin!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Have fun on 294

Well, if you find yourself on 294 some weekday evenings then enjoy the myriad of idiots in their BMW sedans that appear hell-bent on racing. I commute up to Schaumburg from Indianapolis some days and try to do it later at night. I can't make the trip without at least one of them trying to engage me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Welcome, summer of 07 was when i got my early production 08 GXP.
Make sure the rear differential seal has been looked at for leaking pinion seal.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Congrats you won't regret it. Hope you are getting used to the second takes and stares. Need a lift and a smile, go for a drive. It's incredible how this car can do that.:yesnod:

·
Premium Member
3,198 Posts
Congrats you won't regret it. Hope you are getting used to the second takes and stares. Need a lift and a smile, go for a drive. It's incredible how this car can do that.:yesnod:
:agree::agree::agree::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats and welcome to this awesome forum. The "Forum" is your friend!

·
Registered
278 Posts
:agree::agree::agree::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Congrats and welcome to this awesome forum. The "Forum" is your friend!
Don't listen to these guys, if you value your time and money run away from this fourm now! run... for... the.... hills!

Just in case you don't heed my advice, welcome to the perm-a-grin-a-mod club.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Well thank you all for the warm welcome and sorry I didnt reply sooner but, lifes been busy. I ve had Summer (what my girlfriend named her) for just over a month now I guess and I absolutely love her. She gets looks where ever I go and some people dont even know what she is...lol. Shes a blast to drive for sure.

I would like to correct an assumption that most of you have made which, given my user name it would be a logical one. Though I was born, raised, and have spent most of my adult life terrorizing the streets of the great city of Chicago I'm currently a resident of Murray Kentucky. Moved here 5 years ago for a job and fell in love with the big little hick town. As you can imagine though, their aren't many Solstices here. I think I've seen 2 total and both were red. I believe theirs a club in Nashville, which is a couple of hours from me. I might try to make some of their meets.

As for those who warned me about the cost of modding my car, I believe the statement was "Open wallet & extract credit card... LET THE MODDING BEGIN!", well to that I just wanna say I'm not new to the car game. I've spent at least $150,000 over the years modding and building various cars so, this car will be cheap to mod in comparison. You can't be in this hobby without spending more than you should and taking a huge loss when you sell it. As for my modding of Summer, she will be visiting my local dyno shop in the next couple of weeks to get her first tune. I'll keep you guys posted on how much I can squeeze out of her. Need to do abit more research before I install my Snow performance stage 2 meth kit. I'd like to get it all done soon as I'm seriously considering joining the festivities in Pontiac Illinois next month.

Well thats all for now, thanx again to all who replied for the warm welcome.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Welcome to the forum CR!!!

I'm not sure if the Nashville group is active anymore, but if you find out differently, let me know. (I'm about 2 hours the other way...:thumbs:)

We are also going to Pontiac next month....would love to see you there. My Sol is in no condition to be shown at this point (lots of stuff collected but no mods done yet and probably won't be by then ) but I'm itching for a road trip and that one just fits perfect with my work schedule. We should be coming through close to you sometime that Friday morning-ish so we could meet up and mini-caravan it the rest of the way if you want.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you Freaky Tiki, its good to be here :)

As for the Nashville group, I have no idea of their status. I have yet to investigate. I only know that when I signed up on the Gm Roadster site that it asked me to select a local chapter as well and the Nashville one was still listed. I know their website in still functional but, during my brief visit there it didn't look to have any recent activity.

In regards to the Pontiac, IL meet, I'm still in the process of working some details out. It really hinges on whether or not my vacation was approved which, I should know by next week. My Sol is in no condition to show either but, I think it would still be a great experience to go and hang out with fellow Sol owners and do some site seeing. The previous owner didn't take very good care of her. The paint is the only real issue, as it has way to many imperfections for a car her age but, everything else is in great shape so, all I have to do is a repaint and I'll be happy. That should happen sometime this fall I hope. As for mods, the only ones I will have done are the HID headlights, Blacked out factory wheels, and hopefully the methanol kit installed and a dyno tune.

Anyhow, Freaky tiki I will keep you posted and if all goes well I think it would be a great idea to meet up and caravan together. I wonder if theirs anyone else in our area or along our route that might be interested in meeting up and traveling together?...hmmmm. Maybe we should make a thread and see who responds...Just a thought :)

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Anyhow, Freaky tiki I will keep you posted and if all goes well I think it would be a great idea to meet up and caravan together. I wonder if theirs anyone else in our area or along our route that might be interested in meeting up and traveling together?...hmmmm. Maybe we should make a thread and see who responds...Just a thought :)
Sounds good!! Hanging out with some other Kappa enthusiasts is definitely what I'm looking forward to...(done some shows before with different cars, but the best part is always hanging out with the people..), so I certainly wouldn't worry about the present condition of your car. Just consider it a work in progress... :yesnod:.

It also looks like, since we made a new addition to our car family this weekend, we will already be a caravan of 2....wife in her used-to-be-my Mean and me in my Cool. I'll give it a few days for everybody to get settled back home from the Nationals and post a thread to see if anybody else is coming from this direction. At this point, it seemed like most were not but I certainly might have missed someone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts