Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2006 solstice 5 speed with 96,000 miles. I’m a preventive maintenance guy. I like to fix it before it break and causes more damage. What should I be looking for that might need to be done? I read spark plugs at 100,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
Reactions: easyryderca

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
OEM spark plugs are good as replacements...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got a 2006 solstice 5 speed with 96,000 miles. I’m a preventive maintenance guy. I like to fix it before it break and causes more damage. What should I be looking for that might need to be done? I read spark plugs at 100,000 miles.
Thanks the rear differential is kinda cover with a black stuff. I cleaned it with a rag I’ll be better able to see leakage if there is any. I saw a recall on the rear seal. I’m going to call my local GMC guy and ask him to look up my vin. To see if has been done. Thanks sirwm

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I have an '06 cool. It had 74K on it when I bought it two years ago (now at 93K). The very first thing I did was change the belts and get the oil changed. That gave me a baseline on my maintenance schedule. Lucky I did that. Turned out one of the belts had visible cracks that couldn't be seen until it was off the engine. I believe it was the AC belt.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome to the forum.

I have an '06 cool. It had 74K on it when I bought it two years ago (now at 93K). The very first thing I did was change the belts and get the oil changed. That gave me a baseline on my maintenance schedule. Lucky I did that. Turned out one of the belts had visible cracks that couldn't be seen until it was off the engine. I believe it was the AC belt.
Thanks. I have appointments next week at dealership. There are 3 recall last owner hadn’t had done. They are going to give it a once over.

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Use the original plugs....many people have tried the gimmicks and all they do is set CELs.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have a rattle in first 2 gears on stick shifts. Any ideas of what it is. Clutch?

·
Premium Member
3,856 Posts
rattle ?
There are rattles all over these cars.
My glove box makes noise, my instrument cluster creaks, the roof on the coupe creaks...

Can you be a bit more specific ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
rattle ?
There are rattles all over these cars.
My glove box makes noise, my instrument cluster creaks, the roof on the coupe creaks...

Can you be a bit more specific ?
It feels like it’s bucks from first to third gear.It’s not a Lose heat shield or something like that. I went under car and found a couple missing bolts on bumper fixed. just got car so maybe just the way it rides. No grinding sound.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
These cars rattle. some you can fix, some you turn up the radio. It's just the nature of the beast. It won't take you long to figure out which ones are fixable.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
These cars rattle. some you can fix, some you turn up the radio. It's just the nature of the beast. It won't take you long to figure out which ones are fixable.
Thank for everyone help. If any one is looking for one in great shape I found one in NY. Wants. $15,000. It has low mileage it thinks it’s gxp. It has additional horsepower. Said I think 330hp. If anyone is interested I’ll Look thru to find it again and post it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts