Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I go "full out" for halloween at a nearby state park. (We live so far out in the sticks that we don't get any trick-or-treaters. This place is filled with people who decorate, carve pumpkins, and host trick-or-treating for the kids.)

We've always had a lot of fun coming up with new themes and "schemes". This year (our first with the sol) she decided we should bring it out and put it in a "costume".

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol! Reminds me of my father in law when he towed a Saturn behind his motorhome to and from FL. Used to put a stuffed gorilla in the driver's seat.

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
I'm sure someone with an orange Solstice could easily turn it into the Giant Pumpkin.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A regular at the campground has an orange Beetle and has black vinyl cutouts they use for the jack-o-lantern effect. It's pretty cool, but...it's still a Beetle. ; )

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Is that a challenge?!

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay - the first "go 'round" wasn't good enough. The wife's daycare charges all explained that "those are Lightning's eyes" and not Sally's eyes. I printed her a color shot and she realized she needed to re-do the thing.

Oh, and this year's theme is "Endless Bummer" - a play on the surf movie Endless Summer. So a couple of surfboards behind the seats were called for. (You don't want to know what I've got cooking for the "main" display - lol!)

[/IMG]

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Our graveyard scene - a little underexposed but you get the gist of it.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Skeleton in the center is on a "boo"gie board. Had a light that made rippling water effects but not in this pic.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We dropped the top on the Sol and put tall surfboard behind the seats during the day (weather was a little dicey at night to leave 'em in there.) Had a LOT of kids (and adults) comment "Oh look! It's CARS!)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Also had a brother-in-law ask my how that Solstice does towing the trailer. Told him you have to rev it up a bit before you pop the clutch, but once you get 'er up to 55 you're okay.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Also had a brother-in-law ask my how that Solstice does towing the trailer. Told him you have to rev it up a bit before you pop the clutch, but once you get 'er up to 55 you're okay.
Should of just said, starting is not the problem, STOPPING is....lol :lol:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went through every book on the display and sadly, none of them had a damned thing to do with our cars...

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright, I'm not a sexist pig.

But this sure reminded me of the look on my bride's face - ESPECIALLY the first drive of the spring!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts