Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a small dent on the hood right above the fender. My concern is if it is repaifable as it is not metal. Please advise!!!

·
Premium Member
9,964 Posts
Hood is metal, depends on who looks at it whether it's repairable, or if the whole hood has to be replaced.

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
It is time to just order some stuff from Norm and it is covered.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
How bad is the dent?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Sorry, it is not reparable , you need to have it towed to the nearest salvage yard and see what they will give you for it. Or try posting some pictures of the damage and we might see that it is not that bad as to require a salvage yard. Or another idea. Take it to a body repair shop and get an estimate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hi guys, sorry I was at scene of the accident when I posted it but couldn't figure out how to upload a picture with my cellphone :cryin:

Here is one that I uploaded to the site, still pending approval though

Pontiac Solstice Picture | Solstice Photos | Solstice Pictures - Got Crashed by a Hummer

I was hit by a Hummer, actually by the tyre of the Hummer as you can see the black rubber markings on the paint job. very small dents on the hood above the fender. the mirror turned all the way into the A-Pilar and got a ding and some red paint transferred to it.. doesn't look that bad, I think....

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
The black will probably come off with some cleaner and the small dents, as long as the paint isn't damaged, can be fixed by the local dent buster guy. Let the body shop and the insurance company worry about it though.

·
Registered
221 Posts
If the damage is worse than it looks. You can get a hood already in factory paint. Which may be more cost effective and give you a perfect color match. Call 734-547-7172

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Damage doesn't look too bad. Looks like the wheel got rubber on it too. Have it checked to see if it got bent. BTW you spelled tire wrong.:lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts