Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming out of LURK mode to just let averybody know that I finally replaced the factory originals after 60,000 km with the BF Goodrich gforce KDW with the new tread design. It kinda looks like the old flame pattern but not as radical. Love them to death. Dry and wet are fantastic, noise is low, and the sidewall stiffness is a little less stiff than the originals so that it gives the car a more PLUSH feel when hitting bumps while keeping the steering sharp on corners. $1200 all in at a local shop (I know cheaper in the USA)

Anyway
You guys probably already know this stuff but just in case ?

Just so happy I had to share :thumbs:

·
Registered
868 Posts
Nice I'm pushing 40 k and am looking for the right tire. Are they run flats? Have to check them out on the web.

·
Premium Member
1,281 Posts
Coming out of LURK mode to just let averybody know that I finally replaced the factory originals after 60,000 km with the BF Goodrich gforce KDW with the new tread design. It kinda looks like the old flame pattern but not as radical. Love them to death. Dry and wet are fantastic, noise is low, and the sidewall stiffness is a little less stiff than the originals so that it gives the car a more PLUSH feel when hitting bumps while keeping the steering sharp on corners. $1200 all in at a local shop (I know cheaper in the USA)

Anyway
You guys probably already know this stuff but just in case ?

Just so happy I had to share :thumbs:
My favourite tire! Had them on until I went to 19" wheels and tires from Compression 4 years ago. Now have Hankook evo but when go, I'm seriously going to take a look at gForce KDWs again, but of course 19s. Love the tread pattern!!!

Good to hear from you again!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Please post updates as these wear. I was totally in love with the last gen of these tires. Great dry street/track tire. Downside I did know about was that the old ones got loud as they wore out.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks Jackl , still loving the car more every day. One day I'll actually make it

out to one of the meets

Bosch , certainly will try to remember to give updates

You may have to ask once in awhile ;)

·
Registered
517 Posts
thanks Jackl , still loving the car more every day. One day I'll actually make it

out to one of the meets

Bosch , certainly will try to remember to give updates

You may have to ask once in awhile ;)

I can do that.. :) I have a while before I need new rubber for my PTGT..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts