Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
This might not be the official site but due to it's member participation, it's probably the best! It seems to be a good mix of people from all over the country. :crazy

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Thanks for the link to the yahoo groups site! It never hurts to let everyone know where some other Solstice info could be found.

So far this site has been the leader with the most members and traffic. It’s a great place to be, because if an new news or info is out there, its likely to find its way to this forum very quickly!

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
This is by far the best Solstice forum, and I don't think I could handle posting on any other forums, not enough time in the day to repeat all my pontification. :rolleyes

·
Registered
281 Posts
AeroDave said:
This is by far the best Solstice forum, and I don't think I could handle posting on any other forums, not enough time in the day to repeat all my pontification. :rolleyes
well, if this forum wont change from a "solstice" forum to a "kappa" forum soon, you'll prolly end up having to join other forums (saturn, chevy, saab, whateva) just to keep up with whats going on with the chassis.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Bizz said:
well, if this forum wont change from a "solstice" forum to a "kappa" forum soon, you'll prolly end up having to join other forums (saturn, chevy, saab, whateva) just to keep up with whats going on with the chassis.
Actually, there is no reason Troy couldn't add sections to this forum for any other Kappa based vehicles that are produced. However only the Saturn version has been made official and we have yet to see it or learn its name, or even its engine. So its probably premature to begin expansion of the forum to accomodate other Kappa's.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I'll probably open up something that is more generically Kappa also. I do have the kappaforum url as well as a few others. It might be a good idea to have the individual forums and tie them all together for a few of the tech sections.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
I'll probably open up something that is more generically Kappa also. I do have the kappaforum url as well as a few others. It might be a good idea to have the individual forums and tie them all together for a few of the tech sections.
it would also be better for ad revenues if there was one forum. the place to get info about any kappa becomes the place to advertise. it will also make it easier for vendors to get feedback on products or future products. one forum, covering all kappas, and having a large number of members will make a better business case for aftermarket companies, too.(those wanting a hardtop best pray our community can justify the investment :thumbs )

the wbody community has become somewhat factionalized. where there was once only the clubgp forum, there are now regal and MC/Imp forums. this is a PITA to try and read. fixes, mods and other good ideas can pop up on one forum but not the others.

one forum would also facilitate the creation of a national club(incuding the 51st state :jester ). with a large membership and with local chapters across the country, we could possibly get support from pontiac marketing for national or regional events. who here thinks pontiac wants this car to be a winner and tromp the miata? a national club is an inexpensive tool for them. the solstice is, after all, an enthusiasts car.

btw troy, you got the email about all this, right?

·
Registered
281 Posts
So its probably premature to begin expansion of the forum to accomodate other Kappa's
premature worked for this forum, no? gotta git while the gittins good.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Bizz said:
premature worked for this forum, no? gotta git while the gittins good.
I suppose we disagree on how soon is too premature. We have yet to see a Saturn concept, or no any details about it. So we really don't know how compatable things like tech sections would be. If they use different engines, they may not be very compatable (although its likely they will have the same base engine).

As far as an overall kappa forum, I defiantly see the advantage of having it under one roof. However, you don't want to throw away what has been built to this point either.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I think it all depends on how many ways GM can mutate the Kappa. If they all end pretty much the same car with different skins, then a general Kappa forum seems reasonable. If the platform becomes quite diverse (like I have a suspicion it will), then the cars may not share enough in common to have the disscussions and and general info be easy to digest. Only time will tell at this point. I agree that now is pretty premature to be getting a Kappa forum going. Even though a Saturn Kappa (and a Chevy IMO) seems likely, we know absolutely nothing concrete about it. Every other division is total speculation at this point and not all that much to talk about.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
AeroDave said:
I think it all depends on how many ways GM can mutate the Kappa. If they all end pretty much the same car with different skins, then a general Kappa forum seems reasonable. If the platform becomes quite diverse (like I have a suspicion it will), then the cars may not share enough in common to have the disscussions and and general info be easy to digest.
Just what I was thinking! On the one hand in GM, we have had cars like the f-bodies which are all essentially the same under the skin, with different bodies (at least the last 20 years or so, with LT1’s, then LS1’s under the hood, etc).

However, GM also has started a trend of making very different vehicles off the same platform. The C6 Corvette and Cadillac XLR share basic architecture, but the engines couldn’t be more different (DOHC V8 Northstar vs OHV V8 LS1). These two are extremely different.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Troy Roberts said:
How many fourem's do you have?

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
Well if you scroll to the bottom of the page you'll see links to them all.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It almost seems a bit early, but I'm glad I have had the opportunity here to learn more about what I'm going to get in the near future.

Todd :thumbs

1 - 20 of 20 Posts