Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of us in the black hole of +1000 to -2000 VIN's, I've decided it's like standing in line at the grocery store. You wait and wait in a long line, then the next register opens and 14 people who were BEHIND you bolt into the new line and check out ahead of you. You fume. Difference here is, it's not the fault of customers, it's the fault of the STORE! Hey, GM, think maybe those of us in quality check pergatory should actually get a car BEFORE the ones who ordered long after? What a concept. Customer service DOES count, in addition to producing a world class car....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Myturn said:
For those of us in the black hole of +1000 to -2000 VIN's, I've decided it's like standing in line at the grocery store. You wait and wait in a long line, then the next register opens and 14 people who were BEHIND you bolt into the new line and check out ahead of you. You fume. Difference here is, it's not the fault of customers, it's the fault of the STORE! Hey, GM, think maybe those of us in quality check pergatory should actually get a car BEFORE the ones who ordered long after? What a concept. Customer service DOES count, in addition to producing a world class car....
I'm getting convinced that after the initial 1,000 cars, the next cars are going to the "good" Pontiac dealers who push the brand. My #1352 is sitting someplace because, IMHO, my dealer has nothing but Mazdas on the showroom floor, a bunch of Caddies out front, and I'm not sure where he hides the Pontiacs. If I were the General I guess I would reward my good dealers this way as well. Doesn't seem right but a decision they apparently made.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Myturn said:
For those of us in the black hole of +1000 to -2000 VIN's, ...Hey, GM, think maybe those of us in quality check pergatory should actually get a car BEFORE the ones who ordered long after?
First, for the cars that are languishing in QC, I feel bad :( , but are you suggesting that perfectly good cars, built after yours should just sit and wait until your can be corrected and sent on its way? :willy: Life's not fair, and it shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone that there would be problems with the launch of a totally new vehicle.

Next, at least to member of the forum - the allocation process has been well known for a long time. I ordered a week before the apprentice - which put me 12th in line at my dealer. I could have shopped around for a better place in line - but calculated that I'd prefer not to have one of the first few thousand produced (I had no idea how wise a decision this would be ;) ).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
JetBlackE31 said:
I'm getting convinced that after the initial 1,000 cars, the next cars are going to the "good" Pontiac dealers who push the brand. My #1352 is sitting someplace because, IMHO, my dealer has nothing but Mazdas on the showroom floor, a bunch of Caddies out front, and I'm not sure where he hides the Pontiacs. If I were the General I guess I would reward my good dealers this way as well. Doesn't seem right but a decision they apparently made.
Interesting theory, except I just called my dealership and they received 3 Solstices TODAY - 3 that were ordered AFTER mine was ordered. That's right, I was #2, and #'s 3, 4, and 5 showed up today. Back to the grocery line theory....

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
I felt the same way during the first 1000. Many of the early ones got held up and seemed forgotten while newer ones got out.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Schedule a trip somewhere...it has to be via an airplane and at least 3 days long....let everyone on the forum know about it...then, while you are gone, your car will come in....it's happened to many owners!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
3 cars ordered AFTER mine arrived TODAY

MAKsys said:
First, for the cars that are languishing in QC, I feel bad :( , but are you suggesting that perfectly good cars, built after yours should just sit and wait until your can be corrected and sent on its way? :willy: Life's not fair, and it shouldn't come as a suprise to anyone that there would be problems with the launch of a totally new vehicle.

Next, at least to member of the forum - the allocation process has been well known for a long time. I ordered a week before the apprentice - which put me 12th in line at my dealer. I could have shopped around for a better place in line - but calculated that I'd prefer not to have one of the first few thousand produced (I had no idea how wise a decision this would be ;) ).
Using your logic, MAKsys, you'd stand in a long line for a hotdog, and when it was your turn, the vendor says, "sorry, this hot dog has to be fixed. Please step aside while my associate tries to fix your hot dog so I can wait on the next customer." You'd be okay with this? I guess you wouldn't ask for another hotdog? Yes, in fact I DO think customers who ordered first should be serviced first, maybe with replacement or reassigned cars. But an even bigger sin is this: GM is not TELLING those of us in QC a thing. Nothing. No information whatsoever. I would rather be told "We are fixing an average of 12 cars a day, and yours is #400, so it will take 33 days before we get to it, then another 10 days to ship." We may be disappointed, but at least the company would be dealing with us honestly. I don't mind the waiting. I mind the not being told anything. GM is treating us like mushrooms - keep me in the dark and feed me sh*t.

·
Registered
705 Posts
todd_raleigh said:
Schedule a trip somewhere...it has to be via an airplane and at least 3 days long....let everyone on the forum know about it...then, while you are gone, your car will come in....it's happened to many owners!
Did this, didn't work :( . The kids loved Mickey so it wasn't a total waste!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Myturn said:
"sorry, this hot dog has to be fixed. Please step aside while my associate tries to fix your hot dog so I can wait on the next customer."
When you put it that way :brentil: I totally see your point :yesnod:

Seriously - If my car was built 6+ weeks ago, I'd be bouncing off the walls - wearing a great big GM SUCKS placard and marching back and forth in front of the RenCen until two burly men in white suits loaded me into a nicely padded van and took me away :willy:

I guess I'm trying to say I understand why you're pissed - and trying to explain how things work in the real world. Its a crappy excuse, but one that I've used with my kids nearly every day since they were old enough to complain - Life's Not Fair

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bouncing off the walls

MAKsys said:
When you put it that way :brentil: I totally see your point :yesnod:

Seriously - If my car was built 6+ weeks ago, I'd be bouncing off the walls - wearing a great big GM SUCKS placard and marching back and forth in front of the RenCen until two burly men in white suits loaded me into a nicely padded van and took me away :willy:

I guess I'm trying to say I understand why you're pissed - and trying to explain how things work in the real world. Its a crappy excuse, but one that I've used with my kids nearly every day since they were old enough to complain - Life's Not Fair
thanks for the love, MAKsys. It does suck. And, my car was built 8 weeks ago (but who's counting? Oh, yeah, that would be ME!). The torture is thus: I work 1.5 miles from the assembly plant, so I've seen Solstices being test driven every day since July - on my way to work, when I'm out for lunch, on my way home...it was hard enough being swarmed, but always knowing mine was soon to arrive kept me sane. Now, REAL customers are driving them around town. Real customers who ordered their cars two months after I did. And I'm still waiting....waiting...waiting....

·
Registered
175 Posts
In my case I was the first in the territory to order. Even got personalized plates that say "1ST SOL". I still haven't gotten the car and there are VINs in the 4K range being delivered! :brentil:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Myturn said:
The torture is thus: I work 1.5 miles from the assembly plant, so I've seen Solstices being test driven every day since July - on my way to work, when I'm out for lunch, on my way home...
Ouch :banghead:

Seriously, child molesters suffer less. :( I feel for ya'

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Myturn said:
Using your logic, MAKsys, you'd stand in a long line for a hotdog, and when it was your turn, the vendor says, "sorry, this hot dog has to be fixed. Please step aside while my associate tries to fix your hot dog so I can wait on the next customer." You'd be okay with this? I guess you wouldn't ask for another hotdog? Yes, in fact I DO think customers who ordered first should be serviced first, maybe with replacement or reassigned cars. But an even bigger sin is this: GM is not TELLING those of us in QC a thing. Nothing. No information whatsoever. I would rather be told "We are fixing an average of 12 cars a day, and yours is #400, so it will take 33 days before we get to it, then another 10 days to ship." We may be disappointed, but at least the company would be dealing with us honestly. I don't mind the waiting. I mind the not being told anything. GM is treating us like mushrooms - keep me in the dark and feed me sh*t.
mmm... hot dogs.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Myturn said:
And, my car was built 8 weeks ago (but who's counting? Oh, yeah, that would be ME!).
Only 8 weeks...... I wish

I've been waiting since the first week of Sept. That would put me at 10 weeks. Good news is it's in transit........although no one knows where it is!!!
:willy: :willy:
But it's coming......eventually

BTW good looking hot dog. Need to go to the grocery stroe get me one of those. May be there will be a newly opened line I can cut into! :)

Vin #1294

·
Registered
705 Posts
MAKsys said:
So you saw me then?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts