Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yeah i ordered the Blue Solstice with black interior! I'm so happy right now!!! I put $2000 down and was so nervous when I was handing him the cash!

Here's what I bought:
Polished Rims
Leather package
Upgraded stereo system (not the indash 6 CD) with Monsoon speakers
Smokers Package
The stupid floor mats

Total price of the car was $30,000 + tax!!
The dealer couldn't give me an exact date on delivery. But I know another member bought one in Cobourg which is just 20 mins away from me and he said his was slated to arrive in July (not sure how the dealer was able to know that). I'm hoping mine is around then too.

Another thing is that the GM employee discount doesn't apply at the moment so I wasn't able to get that. Hopefully they implement it by the time the car shows up so I can get it. Dealer said it would only knock about $300 off the price.

Does anyone know anything about the discount? I don't know much about it myself, how does it work exactly? Does that seem right what he said?

I'M SO HAPPY!

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Yeah i ordered the Blue Solstice with black interior! I'm so happy right now!!! I put $2000 down and was so nervous when I was handing him the cash!

Here's what I bought:
Polished Rims
Leather package
Upgraded stereo system (not the indash 6 CD) with Monsoon speakers
Smokers Package
The stupid floor mats

The dealer couldn't give me an exact date on delivery. But I know another member bought one in Coubourg which is just 20 mins away from me and he said his was slated to arrive in July (not sure how the dealer was able to know that). I'm hoping mine is around then too.

Another thing is that the GM employee discount doesn't apply at the moment so I wasn't able to get that. Hopefully they implement it by the time the car shows up so I can get it. Dealer said it would only knock about $300 off the price.

Does anyone know anything about the discount? I don't know much about it myself, how does it work exactly?

I'M SO HAPPY!
:grouphug: Except now make sure you get a passport or you won't be able to get back home when you come down to visit.(new rules in 2007, was in paper last night, even Canada to US and back) :(

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
achieftain said:
:grouphug: Except now make sure you get a passport or you won't be able to get back home when you come down to visit.(new rules in 2007, was in paper last night, even Canada to US and back) :(
Lol, was that a joke, cause I don't get it.. :) Where would I be going that I need a passport? Sorry, my brain is mush right now, i'm so happy. I need to get drunk :willy:

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Lol, was that a joke, cause I don't get it.. :) Where would I be going that I need a passport? Sorry, my brain is mush right now, i'm so happy. I need to get drunk :willy:
It was just in the papers that all travelers between the US and Canada and Mexico AND Bermuda and a couple other vacation islands WILL need passports, not to leave but to get back home. That's just assuming you want to attend the first south of the border Solstice gettogether wherever it might be.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
achieftain said:
It was just in the papers that all travelers between the US and Canada and Mexico AND Bermuda and a couple other vacation islands WILL need passports, not to leave but to get back home. That's just assuming you want to attend the first south of the border Solstice gettogether wherever it might be.
I have a passport.. I'll be there.

So does anyone know the specifics on the Gm Discount?

And a side note, does anyone have pics of the Blue Solstice? The dealer showed me the same color (25U?) on a Truck that they had and I liked it.. it's more black/blue then a blue really.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I price out a Solstice but did not buy.Still need to seat in one.
2Gs down , the dealer said $500 would be OK
So what city did you buy in?

·
Registered
405 Posts
Ours is 33,455.00 plus tax and it doesn't come with a passport, stone gray metallic..........ebony leather....the "gathering" should be somewhere warm and late in the year....

·
Registered
338 Posts
achieftain said:

I'll volunteer my lot for that. I'm 10 miles south of I-80, and about dead center between I-69 and I-75. Close for you Detroiter's, and other midwesterners. As referenced earlier, I'm within 300 miles of 40% of the US population. Got an unpaved grass area, about 10 acres, behind our dealership that's all ours.

Party at Conejo's

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
airbalancer said:
I price out a Solstice but did not buy.Still need to seat in one.
2Gs down , the dealer said $500 would be OK
So what city did you buy in?
I bought at Cowan Pontiac in Bowmanville (near Oshawa)

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
conejo148 said:
I'll volunteer my lot for that. I'm 10 miles south of I-80, and about dead center between I-69 and I-75. Close for you Detroiter's, and other midwesterners. As referenced earlier, I'm within 300 miles of 40% of the US population. Got an unpaved grass area, about 10 acres, behind our dealership that's all ours.

Party at Conejo's
Whoever is driving down from Ontario, we should do a convoy... We would turn some heads... hell we would probably snap some necks!

Conejo, I hope there is cheep hotels down there!

·
Registered
338 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Whoever is driving down from Ontario, we should do a convoy... We would turn some heads... hell we would probably snap some necks!

Conejo, I hope there is cheep hotels down there!
The only hotel in town IS cheap. I told you it was small, but there is an AWESOME butchering/BBQ shop across the street, good customers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
conejo148 said:

Party at Conejo's
:party:

Tents? Fireworks? Walleye? Packo's?

There must be Hotels near Tolede Express that are not too far away.

When? August would be good for me. I'll be there.

Wouldnt that blow Lutz's mind to have a grass roots thing close buy? Makes me just alittle creeped-out though, cause ya know someone will compare it to the Saturn thing. Definitely have to make it a GearHead thing with a road rally, performance stuff, etc. Maybe GM is planning something like that in secret for the Sky?

:willy:

·
Registered
35 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Yeah i ordered the Blue Solstice with black interior! ...
I'm confused, why the price $30,000 ??

If you order every option, it still should be under $26,000...

·
Premium Member
5,849 Posts
Maybe the high jack has begun...

I ordered mine yesterday in "World Swirl Blue" :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
MarkZ said:

He is from Canada.

·
Registered
504 Posts
MarkZ said:

He's lives in Canada, ehhh you hoser. :yesnod:

·
Registered
496 Posts
price

MarkZ said:

He is talking Canadian dollars.
GM Canada has tacked on an average of 38% exchange on US list prices

·
Registered
496 Posts
Meeting

conejo148 said:

Party at Conejo's
I'll be there, tell me when!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts