Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for the forum! I've enjoyed researching the ins & outs of the Solstice here, and it's led me to purchase a 2007 N/A 5-speed Mean. I'm wondering if there's a "high mileage" club on here? This one has a tad over 125K on the clock, and it seems that it was some easy highway miles in most of it's life. She's in very good condition; runs like a top. I've been a long-time gearhead, and have owned several cars over the years, dating back to the mid-80s when my first car was a '72 Firebird. In fact, that was my last Pontiac. So far I'm really diggin' the Solstice. Of course her name has been named "Summer" - that was first on the agenda.
Mainly this will be my back & forth to work car - an 18 mile commute one way. We'll see how many more hundreds of thousands of miles she will give.
Got a great deal too, I think; under 9K.
-Matt

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Congrats...

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Welcome to the forum and I know you will enjoy your new ride. Summer looks to be in really good shape for 125K. Get ready for all the compliments and the stares and looks.
Get to know kappa owners in your area and attend as many kappa meets as you can. Get 10 of these cars out for a ride and look out. As you go by, people will start taking photos and smile. It is a lot of fun. Enjoy!!!!

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Congrats! Enjoy it by putting a lot of miles on it. :thumbs:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Welcome. Aren't these cars fun to drive? And the stares? Well, I'm used to them now..being a woman, I get alot of women commenting on it. I tell them to buy one.

Anyway, have fun and more pics if you can. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! So far I'm really enjoying it. It is even more fun than the '84 Corvette I restored in 2000. Finally sold it last year to get a boat, and don't regret it one bit. This is so much more refined feeling... quiet, fits like a glove, etc... The only car I've ever had that was more comfortable and ergonomic was probably my '72 240Z. Even still, Summer is such a better car.
So far, the only problems I have found are a broken passenger cup holder and the door lock/unlock and panic not working on the RKE... but the trunk release works. Go figure....
This replaced an '03 PT Cruiser GT as my daily driver. The PT had this beat hands down in acceleration, but man, I'm really diggin' the 30 MPG I get so far!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! Our cars are a blast to drive! Good luck with your new ride. We have a national meet with these cars every year.This year it is in Flagstaff AZ.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Thanks! So far I'm really enjoying it. It is even more fun than the '84 Corvette I restored in 2000. Finally sold it last year to get a boat, and don't regret it one bit.
Welcome. At least you got the best color.

I always thought there were only 2 great days in boat ownership...the day you buy it and the day you sell it!!

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Welcome, and enjoy the attention.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I always thought there were only 2 great days in boat ownership...the day you buy it and the day you sell it!!
That's what they say! I imagine if you one cannot maintain it one's self, that would be the case for sure! I'd hate to think of what I would have paid marine and automobile mechanics over the years had I required someone else to do the work on them!

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Welcome kd - enjoy the addiction that slowly works it's way into your blood. Mmmmwaaahaaahahahahaha.

·
Registered
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
2,733 Posts
This replaced an '03 PT Cruiser GT as my daily driver. The PT had this beat hands down in acceleration, but man, I'm really diggin' the 30 MPG I get so far!
Hahaha. Lots of PT/Solstice owners around here. We've got one of each (both monsters). Do I know you from around? I'm mostly on PTCrew...

·
Premium Member
2,319 Posts
Thanks! We're neighbors it looks like - I'm not far from you... Holly Springs. Take care!:thumbs:
Bingo! Great to know. Check out our forum for Kappaccino threads and join our informal little "club" on the Last Saturday of the Month, spring through fall. No dues, no President, family friendly. One attendee has just finished, mostly, his V8 conversion! We take an occasional tour, sometimes a run, nearly always a breakfast near Crossroads Mall in Cary. :thumbs:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hahaha. Lots of PT/Solstice owners around here. We've got one of each (both monsters). Do I know you from around? I'm mostly on PTCrew...
They're all fun! No - I *think* I've been on there, perhaps from back when I was changing the cylinder head on the PT. Not much outside of that though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Celeste - I've discovered it already. I sat in it yesterday and just smiled, saying "This is just a cool, fun car!"
Bella - I discovered that one already - I was wondering if they still do it. If so, I'll plan on going next month. Crossroads is not far from me at all, and I remember driving my four-wheeler and motorcycle around there when it was just a big mud pit!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts