Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just received my car cover from Kappasphere and I really like it. I have traditionally purchased California Car Covers and there is just no comparison. It is very soft and is lined inside with an even softer flannel. It fits like a glove and is very well made. There is also a plastic grommet for the antenna to poke through if you don’t like unscrewing it every time.

I have an Envious Solstice so the Hunter Green seemed appropriate.

:thumbs:

·
Registered
511 Posts
SolLate said:
Just received my car cover from Kappasphere and I really like it. I have traditionally purchased California Car Covers and there is just no comparison. It is very soft and is lined inside with an even softer flannel. It fits like a glove and is very well made. There is also a plastic grommet for the antenna to poke through if you don’t like unscrewing it every time.

I have an Envious Solstice so the Hunter Green seemed appropriate.

:thumbs:
Is that cover made for the Solstice ,I checked the website they seem to have 3 types to choose from.Can you tell me .
were to look

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the Form Fit-Indoor Cover :)

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Kappa car cover coupon

I notice there is an entry area for a coupon code. Is anyone aware of one?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Cover looks great!!!! Just ordered mine, the cover will be here before my Sol, but at least I will have the cover when the Sol arrives. I did put in the coupon code and the free t-shirt did show as part of the order. The coupon code is TSHIRT.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
buckeyewilky said:
Cover looks great!!!! Just ordered mine, the cover will be here before my Sol, but at least I will have the cover when the Sol arrives. I did put in the coupon code and the free t-shirt did show as part of the order. The coupon code is TSHIRT.
Thanks. I just installed the antenna grommet and really like the way it works. Now I do not have to remove it before putting on the cover and it looks very professional. I have never had a cover that fit so well.

With the cover on, the pictures make the car look huge ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
SolLate,

I'm glad you're happy with the FormFit cover. It is really a great, top of the line indoor cover. We have a red one for our Sol. I'll bring a Weathershield cover to the West Coast Solstice Meet since it packs so much smaller. This will be the preferred cover since luggage space will be tight - even with our new fitted luggage. ;)

·
Registered
895 Posts
I just ordered a weathershield cover from Kappasphere. I will be using it indoors and outdoors. Pretty mild winters in Cali. I do not think this style has the grommet for the antennae. I bought a 6" antennae so I might not have to unscrew it everytime. :)
Sitting Duck

My car was suppose to arrive today, (you all heard this old story before). I am not holding my breath but I hope it arrives before the West Coast Solstice Meet early November. :(

·
Registered
152 Posts
[stupid question, but please help]

so...before you put the car cover on, do you have to make sure the car is crystal clean? i assume you don't want dirt on the car if you're putting the cover on?

[/stupid question]

·
Registered
895 Posts
IS300toSOLSTICE said:
[stupid question, but please help]

so...before you put the car cover on, do you have to make sure the car is crystal clean? i assume you don't want dirt on the car if you're putting the cover on?

[/stupid question]
Not a stupid question. Good point! Ya, I would think it should be at least dusted with one of those "California Dusters". If it is real dirty and you put the cover on, you have just contaminated the inside of the cover. It is washable though.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fortimir said:
I wish they weren't so expensive... I'd get one for like $50 or $75.
Try COSTCO...they have a medium all weather cover for $29.99 that fits decent...although not a perfect form fit with pockets for the mirrors...it will keep my car clean and is padded sufficiently to protect from door dings and scratches from the cars parked next to me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts