Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out with my wife and daughter to Woodward avenue to get an ice cream and coming home lo and behold in front of me is a solstice! Dark blue with the ebony interior, top down. I wont disclose the individual who was driving it. After I flashed the lights on my buick rendevous and urged him to pull over he obliged me and I finally got to sit in the car while it was running. Even gave me a brochure from behind the passenger seat! It was really peppy as I had a bit of a time rounding a couple of turns to catch up with him. Car is really whisper quiet. You guys are really going to appreciate this little car. It will be worth the wait! So hold your breath and hang in there. It's commin! He assured me that it will be coming to a dealer near you soon. If you are reading this (guy that was driving the solstice) thanks for your time and understanding. Fine little machine. Yes the widetrack is back!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Goat rag, what was your impression of the ebony leather seats? Comfortable, good back support? How about that white leather stitching we've seen in some photo's. Please tell me that wasn't part of the Ebony leather seats you saw.

I'm looking forward to the day I spot one on the road! I hope it's mine!

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
Thanks for the report. Congrats! :party:

Whisper-quiet, eh? Hopefully it makes good music at WOT. Guess I might have to look into that cat-back.

·
Registered
72 Posts
2KWK4U said:
Thanks for the report. Congrats! :party:

:thumbs:
ditto on the report and the stiching

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The ebony leather looked great and the seating was quite comfortable and ergonomic. The seats in this car did not have the brilliant white stitching. I do not know if this was due to the fact that this was a protype vehicle or that all the ebony interiors will come with the dark stitching. Hopefully the later as I am really not a big fan of the white stitching! Overall it is a very nice little machine and I think you will be quite pleased when you finally get yours.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Goat rag - I also sat in a red Solstice parked up at Applebee's (in Bloomfield) during lunch hour on Friday. It was 2 guys in suits that were testing the vehicle from GM engineering in Pontiac. I never would have ordered red, but now I wish I did! Very sharp color! (I ordered Black with 2 Tone interior). The red one though is a real nice color for those of you that ordered it! (It had the cloth interior - which looked pretty darned good also. It was definitely a mule (test) car!
I'm seeing more and more of these mule cars out there! Almost on a daily basis - you can expect that in Michigan though.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Maybe the white stitching was just a quality check, you know, easier to see bad stitching if it's white on black.

It's going to be exciting to see this new marque out on the road. Best looking car in Pontiac's lineup, really puts that ugly boring goat to shame. I've tried to fall in love with the GTO, it's got a godly engine, but that exterior...I saw one a new LS2 GTO for $26,000 at a local Pontiac dealership, the bargain hunter in me stood up and took notice, but the rest of me was unmoved.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the cool with the ebony leather and bought every option. Lets go for broke! I too had looked at new GTO's but the darn thing is nearly a Grand Am with GTO badges. Drove one and they are pretty quick and the interior is pretty nice, but just do not have any curb appeal! Too bad Gm did not get back to some old school body lines like Ford did with the Mustang. I have my 65 GTO convertible with tri power and a four speed to entertain me until my Solstice shows up. Then I'll have to job out either the Solstice or the GTO to my wife when we go out with my 2 daughters. She'll take the solstice. I think she is a bit intimidated by the brute power and crudeness of the 65. I've been a Pontiac fan for many years. Now I'll have some old school wide track and some new school. I think they're both pretty cool!

·
Registered
139 Posts
the gto is about as different from the grand am as a coupe can be, and ive always thought the gto's interior was sharp, especially the red leather.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The interior is sharp on the new GTO, the exterior styling leaves alot to be desired. Proof in the pudding so to speak are the poor sales of the vehicle 2004 and similarly 2005. My buddy is the general manager of a large dealership and he agrees that the sales of this car are poor strictly from a cosmetic view point. The car does not make a statement like the solstice does or for that matter the ford mustang. To each their own!

·
Registered
139 Posts
yea, i know the 04 did really badly, but i was under the impression the 05 was selling better... oh well. either way, a used gto is one of the cars im considering along with of course the solstice.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The O5's are doing somewhat better due to the scoops and the higher horsepower for sure. If I had a choice hands down would be the solstice. That GTO will eat the solstice alive if that is what you are after. The solstice is more of a culture, statement type thing and it is unique in it's own right. Get both they're small!

·
Registered
139 Posts
yea, there is no denying the solstice styling, plus its brand new, and there wont be many on the roads so youll get a lot of looks. but im also looking at used gtos, 350z, maybe even an sti... but yea, the solstice wins hands down in the looks department. plus, ill get a really good discount if they have gm employee discount along with my dad driving it for three months to get another 10% off...

·
Registered
281 Posts
godspeed06 said:
yea, there is no denying the solstice styling, plus its brand new, and there wont be many on the roads so youll get a lot of looks. but im also looking at used gtos, 350z, maybe even an sti... but yea, the solstice wins hands down in the looks department. plus, ill get a really good discount if they have gm employee discount along with my dad driving it for three months to get another 10% off...
Sorry, but I wouldn't be expecting anyone to get GM employee pricing on a Solstice, because the new-for-2006 models are not getting the discount. But who knows? GM may still be in dire straits deep into next year.

The thing that worries me about the Solstice is the same thing that worries me about any new marque. They're unleashed upon an unsuspecting public. Fer instance, the 350Z...did you know that there's now a class-action lawsuit being organized against Nissan because the 350Z eats front tires in less than 10,000 miles? Refer to www.nissantireproblems.com

The Solstice is a beautiful car, but it was developed quickly (hastily?), and it's the first of its kind. Honestly, you're probably better off waiting a couple of years until they get the bugs worked out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts