Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it was cool to see the Solstice featured on yahoo's front page in the buy,trade,sell category! progress! woooo :thumbs:

·
Registered
27 Posts
one of the reviews says "Cons: it was supost to have everything included for an under 20k price"

as far as my knowledge of the car they never said fully loaded under 20k. anyone know if this guy is blowing smoke?

·
Registered
905 Posts
It's the #5 Convertible on Yahoo as well.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Excitementisnow said:
one of the reviews says "Cons: it was supost to have everything included for an under 20k price"

as far as my knowledge of the car they never said fully loaded under 20k. anyone know if this guy is blowing smoke?
You are right, never said loaded for 20k (it was really hard just to get some things for 20k :lol: )

There seemed to be lots of incorrect stuff by their user comments. It does give you a look into what the average Joe is saying.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
Hmmm considering the cabs in the "final taxi ride" for the fired apprentices were sporting Yahoo ads, and considering Pontiac figured big in the apprentice.. who would have thought that Yahoo and Pontiac might talk to each other?

·
4,592 Posts
Who are these people? These are called "reviews" but they are really predictions. Why is yahoo posting them under reviews?

Although they never claimed loaded under 20K, they do on occasion say you'll drive one off for under 20K which isn't really true. That bothers my wife a lot. But, note that's why it's not really cool to say "you'll drive one off for under 20K", it sets you up for disappointment (even though 25K loaded is still a very good and reasonable price).

disclaimer, I can't say exactly who said "you'll drive one off for under 20K", but I do know I've seen it a couple of times. I do recall the rep that came on Kelly and Regis said that about the Sky, which of course is incorrect for multiple reasons

·
Registered
167 Posts
Don't waste your time!!!!!

mceb said:
Pretty cool :cool:

I clicked on it and there was over a hundred "reviews" (really comments) written by people.
http://autos.yahoo.com/newcars/pontiac_solstice_2006/4341/model_user_reviews.html
I just read some of the posts at yahoo. Don't waste your time going there. It absolutely amazes me how people can rate something from looking at it. Some really bad reviews. One post stated how bad the ride was---like he was able to try it out. Some bashed it because it looked similar to the BMW (probably a BMW salesman and he is afraid of the competition). So many people like to talk before they put their brain in gear. Some of the post are outright abusive.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
spyderone said:
I just read some of the posts at yahoo. Don't waste your time going there.
Yea some pretty scary stuff out there :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
spyderone said:
I just read some of the posts at yahoo. Don't waste your time going there. It absolutely amazes me how people can rate something from looking at it. Some really bad reviews. One post stated how bad the ride was---like he was able to try it out. Some bashed it because it looked similar to the BMW (probably a BMW salesman and he is afraid of the competition). So many people like to talk before they put their brain in gear. Some of the post are outright abusive.
Some guy said it should have more horsepower because even a Honda Minivan has 255hp. :willy:

That guy needs to hang himself.. I know that's mean, but lets be honest.. someone that dumb won't figure out how anyway.

·
4,592 Posts
That's my point, "who are these people", this looks more like blog or something, why is Yahoo doing it this way, anyone care to speculate? This may not be good for Pontiac, think there will be ramifications due to these posts?

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
RODEO said:
"who are these people?"
My guess, these are your typical GM haters. They show up in droves on the internet, in chat rooms, on forums, blogs, message boards, etc, with the sole purpose of trashing anything and everything GM does.

For whatever reason, they have an axe to grind with GM and want everybody to know it. GM could make a Ferrari Enzo replica and sell it for $25,000, and they would find all kinds of things wrong with it to bash.

They are like Motor Trend lemmings or something. They always spew out the same old stereotypical crap about what supposed problems GM has.

Its a shame too, because people who are really looking for honest opinions read this stuff and leave with the impression that GM does make garbage before they ever go and check one out for themselves.

:cuss:

·
4,592 Posts
Fformula88 said:
Its a shame too, because people who are really looking for honest opinions read this stuff and leave with the impression that GM does make garbage before they ever go and check one out for themselves.

:cuss:
I agree! When I was buying our last car, I read a lot of reviews. Reviews like this would have had an impact as I wouldn't have be able to see these were overly biased opinions.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Pardon the pun, they are all a bunch of Yahoos ;)

·
4,592 Posts
mceb said:
Pardon the pun, they are all a bunch of Yahoos ;)
LOL :glol:

·
Registered
185 Posts
WaitingForBoost said:
How about we each go over there & post our own "reviews", for a little balance? I can write fiction as well as the next guy....
I didn't write a new review, but I sorted the reviews to see the lowest scores and went through all of those yahoo's reviews who gave it a 1 or 2 star (complaining about the quality b/c it's GM or ride without even riding the car) a "not useful" rating. At least if people sort by the most useful reviews, they won't have to see garbage reviews.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
AverageJoe said:
I didn't write a new review, but I sorted the reviews to see the lowest scores and went through all of those yahoo's reviews who gave it a 1 or 2 star (complaining about the quality b/c it's GM or ride without even riding the car) a "not useful" rating. At least if people sort by the most useful reviews, they won't have to see garbage reviews.
Good idea, I'm doing the same thing now too.

·
Registered
146 Posts
yahoo

(The price listed on Yahoo)

"MSRP: $19,420
Invoice Price: $18,158".....

being the owner of one of the first 1,000 - Priceless (LOL)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts