Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys in the DFW area. The Solstice is at the car show. I saw it this morning also the Sky was there. It is awesome. The interior is awesome and the exterior is awesome, Pontiac has a hit on its hands. It is up on a spinning platform but we had training about the new Pontiacs. The Torrent is there as well as the G6 coupe. All of the Pontiacs look great!!!! Please

·
Registered
110 Posts
that is GREAT NEWS!!! I will be there Friday!!! I cant wait!!!

on a side note, did they let you sit in the solstice?? and also is there a new MX-5 there as well??

·
Registered
35 Posts
GTOJ said:
... The Solstice is at the car show. I saw it this morning also the Sky was there. It is awesome. The interior is awesome and the exterior is awesome, Pontiac has a hit on its hands. It is up on a spinning platform but we had training about the new Pontiacs. The Torrent is there as well as the G6 coupe. All of the Pontiacs look great!!!!

But seriously, did you like the car?? :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do not let you sit in the car. They let myself and some other guys get inside the vehicle, but it will be on a rotating platform. By the way YES I like the car!!!! ;)

·
Registered
670 Posts
no seating for you!

If that is just like the spinning platform at the Ft. Lauderdale show then the answer is no, you cannot sit in it or stand next to it. This car must be hot because my wife took pictures on her cell phone at the show and somebody stole her phone. Employees at the show would only give us company answers to time frames and availability. :cool:

·
Registered
670 Posts
no top

The top was not on the car that was at Ft. Lauderdale show. The dvd from our dealer shows the top pretty well though. Shows how to put it up and down. :cool:

·
Registered
162 Posts
GTOJ said:
Hey guys in the DFW area. The Solstice is at the car show. I saw it this morning also the Sky was there. It is awesome. The interior is awesome and the exterior is awesome, Pontiac has a hit on its hands. It is up on a spinning platform but we had training about the new Pontiacs. The Torrent is there as well as the G6 coupe. All of the Pontiacs look great!!!! Please
What color was the Solstice<

·
Registered
670 Posts
Color?

The one in lauderdale show was silver w/ sand/stone interior. Door was open and made it look really low! :cool:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It must be the same car that was at the Ft. Lauderdale show. Same color combo. The top was not up, I also wish it was. Maybe you guys can convince someone to put the top up.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
:thumbs: It certainly is a looker in person! I think it looks a lot better in person than in pictures too! You just don't get the same affect in 2D.

·
Premium Member
10,471 Posts
brian carpenter said:
The one in lauderdale show was silver w/ sand/stone interior. Door was open and made it look really low! :cool:
The car at the Fort Lauderdale show was not the Cool Silver but the Sly Silver. It is not like the New York car that has been shown here in the forum.

·
Registered
275 Posts
GTOJ said:
They do not let you sit in the car. They let myself and some other guys get inside the vehicle, but it will be on a rotating platform. By the way YES I like the car!!!! ;)
so how did the seats feel? solid/squishy, well bolstered? will there be a problem with eye level for the taller owners?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am 6" tall and I didn't have a problem seeing, but I don't know if a taller driver would have a problem. The sits are nicely bolstered and the leather felt great. Trust me fellas this is a winner!!! The fit and finish looked great!!! I can't wait until I deliver the first one to a lucky customer.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Sound like the car that was in Houston. When I asked what color it was, I was told it was "a custom metallic gray that won't be a production color." But this was in February, before the production colors were released. The silver Sky and the Solstice were placed where you could see both from the right location. The Solstice was only slightly darker than the Sky. I'm hoping that "Sly" is quite a bit darker.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw one at my local car show about a month and a half ago...it does look awesome in person. I took pictures but they suck because there where too many people and I am short. If I remember in the morning I will post some.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts