Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw VIN #17 in Cary, NC

Just came back from the Hendrick dealerships in Cary, NC this afternoon. 555's car is really sweet! I have ordered the same color combination, but with leather instead of cloth. The rear view with those big fat tires sticking out looks really good! I know he and the family are excited about owning it.

Just some footnotes from looking around an actual delivered car, no offense to 555. The fit and finish is pretty good but not great. The front hood line along the bumper is a little off from side to side (I'm very picky about body lines).

I may have missed the posts on this one, but the rear tails are a single bulb in each one. The commerical I remember seeing from Pontiac showed what appeared to be LED style ones. They really loss some look when lit with a conventional bulb.

The cloth seats are great, just may have to order a set to replace my leather ones in the summer time.

The rear deck lid was also out of alignment, more so than the front hood. I talked to service mechanic and he explained that the top is being closed with some force (as required to do) and usually from the drivers side. Because you push down hard from the left side of the deck lid you are forcing stress on that side causing the lid to shift to right. He advise we should close the lid by trying to push down in the center and not the side. Not a big deal as the hood can be realigned, but keep this mind when closing your deck lid.

Other than my picking the car is beautiful! Looking forward to going for a ride as I sit and wait for my delivery.

·
Premium Member
5,206 Posts
TerpFan,

I'm certain that all cars PAST the mule cars use a single bulb rear taillamp. The design of the taillamp is special - no side marker required because the reflector has built in side-view reflections from the single bulb.

I thought the taillamps I saw were LED also, but upon further inspection found that they were indeed, a single bulb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Also just saw Vin#17 in Cary

I am new to the forum even though I have been reading for awhile. Ordered mine on April 15th but a little too late for the 1st 1000. After the dealer delivers the 2 they were able to get in for the 1k I should be in the next group of cars they get. I'm excited, but not chomping at the bit. I can wait my turn.
I got to see Vin#17 at Hendrick's in Cary today. A lot like the one I ordered, Mysterious but with Steel/Sand interior. Wow! the car is awesome to see in person. Unlike Terpman I didn't see a flaw in the car but I may not be looking as hard. The car was impressive. The interior of the car was a lot nicer then I expected. Pictures do not do it justice. A very clean polished look. I'm 5'9" about 165# and the car was very roomy and comfortable. I had a good line of sight. I got to ride in it around the parking lot and I was in heaven. I already felt the looks. I watched the top being put up and down and it didn't look too complicated. Just takes practice. The front and rear lid closed nicely without much effort. The engine started up nicely and purred like a kitten. I think it will sound nice on the open road. I was sad to say goodbye but hopefully I will have mine in a couple months.
Thanks to 555 and James Bennet (the sales manager) for giving me the opportunity to experience the car in person. :willy:

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
You can get those single bulb to LED conversion kits. I'll have to try to find them again on here somewhere. Maybe the tech forum...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
brentil said:
You can get those single bulb to LED conversion kits. I'll have to try to find them again on here somewhere. Maybe the tech forum...
Don't use the ones on the shelf racks at places like AutoZone. They're not near as bright as conventional bulbs.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The single bulb is not a huge deal. I was thinking the lights were more like those in the Infiniti. The reflector in housing works great.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your right, I have a lot of body shop friends and we spend time going over cars and body lines when I'm at their shops. It was easy for me to see the alignment issues. Most people will not notice or care if they do. :)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Did you really need to start a new thread? If you SAW the thread about seeing #17, why did you start another one just like it? You could have just posted IN that thread... but then again you just signed up, maybe you don't know how to reply in threads yet... ...noobs, bleh. ;) Only kidding of course, welcome to the forum. Try to search if you have any questions though. :)

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Merging in the other Cary thread....

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
The rear alignment was a bit off, but I didn't think too much about it. I wouldn't reject the car because of it. Terpfan and I discussed it while salivating over the car. I thought that VIN #001 had a much larger gap due to the possibility of not putting the top down all the way and causing an upward force on the left side of the rear lid (see attached VIN #001 photos). But, as Terpfan mentioned, it does make sense to close the lid from the center.

This car is awesome! I can't wait to drive it and get it past 2nd gear (Aug 5 Detroit people know what I'm talking about). Speaking of Detroit, the videos are being uploaded to my web-site as I type this message. You should see a post tomorrow morning with links to the videos. I'm hoping Troy can then copy them to the solsticeforum web-site because I'm sure to run out of bandwidth from my ISP.

Attachments

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It would be of interest if the first couple of delivery people could post about any fit alignment issues with their cars. There maybe some truth to BigJohn's post about an issue with cars already produced. Let's see how strong this forum is and get to bottom of these issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
New Thread

Sorry, I am new to the forum and need to learn it's ways. I'll try to do better in the future but keep me informed of my wrongdoings.
Something I forgot to mention in my first message was that I was impressed with the look of the standard wheels that came with the car. I was originally thinking of getting the polished aluminum wheels but the standard looked very bright to me and went well with the car. At least with Mysterious. I may change my mind. :blush:

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
It's okay, at least you can admit your (very small) mistake. It's more than you could say for a lot of other people in the world.

I hadn't really seen many pictures at the time that I ordered, but I ordered painted wheels simply because I only got (what I consider) the necesities for my car, and also I felt the polished wheels were a little too blingy from what I'd seen. I figured that they aren't going to help me at all, save me from getting into an accident, or add any performance value... so why bother? This IS a back-to-basics roadster, after all. Since then though I have seen lots of pics and I had kind of wish I could have added it, but (other pictures and) your comment makes me feel better about my decision. I haven't actually seen decent pics of red on painted wheels, but I have a good feeling about it and I think it will look excellent.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
555's car does have polished aluminum wheels.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SolDreamr said:
Sorry, I am new to the forum and need to learn it's ways. I'll try to do better in the future but keep me informed of my wrongdoings.
Something I forgot to mention in my first message was that I was impressed with the look of the standard wheels that came with the car. I was originally thinking of getting the polished aluminum wheels but the standard looked very bright to me and went well with the car. At least with Mysterious. I may change my mind. :blush:

What Todd said, the car you saw does have the polished wheels.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
That is true, it must have slipped past me.

However, I feel my choice of painted is justified for other reasons. I know I will love it! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Polished Wheels

I thought they looked polished to me but I asked James Bennett the Sales Manager who was standing next to me looking at the car and he told me they were the standard wheels. He even pointed to another Pontiac on the lot and said those were polished wheels. I may have misunderstood him but he sounded pretty sure about it. I guess the real test would be to ask 555 himself. sorry if I misled anyone.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts