Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a call from a contact at the toll booth on I-95 in Northern part of Maryland that he received fare from a carrier with 3 Solstices. They looked to be black or dark blue. This was around 11:30 a.m. The driver is heading south on I-95!

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Reports from the road now...wow.

Reminds me of that new Lexus commerical where the guys are chasing the car carrier down the street :lol:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
TerpFan said:
I just received a call from a contact at the toll booth on I-95 in Northern part of Maryland that he received fare from a carrier with 3 Solstices. They looked to be black or dark blue. This was around 11:30 a.m. The driver is heading south on I-95!
Sorry, but.. where might South on I-95 take them?

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
beech23 said:
he must have drop 7of them off some place. Anyone got a call yet??
That never occured to me... what was on the way?

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He said the carrier was full of vehicles, but he counted 3 Solstices. These toll booth guys have really boring jobs if you ask me, but a least they are letting us know.

·
Registered
105 Posts
mceb said:
Reports from the road now...wow.

Reminds me of that new Lexus commerical where the guys are chasing the car carrier down the street :lol:
Large portions of I 95 have cameras on them ie I-95 in new haven CT can be viewed through the local TV station web site uunder the traffic reports.

Baltimore TV stations? 1.5 hours ago DC? Or points west?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Places hot and humid on the east coast.No place that I want to be.Nuff humidity around Western New York for me.Where ever they go it will be a year round relationship. :cool:

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Do I smell an OJ style chase down I-95 :devil:

The early lead to the southern states but the north will rise again (oh wait that was the south ;) )

·
Registered
21 Posts
HELP...I need some information!!

Okay, so I tried to get one of the first 1000 Solstices but I was a day late. Guess it turns out the I was more than a day since the cars sold out in a matter of hours. Anyway, I placed my order April 16th and have yet to hear anything about my order!! I called my dealer numerous times and he informed me that my order is in but has not been picked up by GM yet. This seems to be the case since April!! One thing that concerns me though is the fact that people on this forum are talking about a confirmation # for their order. I never received any confirmation # and I'm nervous that my car really wasn't ordered. I should be getting either the first of second of my dealer's regular allocation which means I probably won't be seeing my solstice for a while anyway but I don't even know for sure because I have no confirmation #. Is that something I will get when GM picks up my order or should I have it already?? This is my first new car and I have been saving up for it and praying that my current car lasts me until I get my solstice so this information is very important to me. Please, if you have any information about this please let me know! Thanks!! :(

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
novagrl82 said:
Okay, so I tried to get one of the first 1000 Solstices but I was a day late. Guess it turns out the I was more than a day since the cars sold out in a matter of hours. Anyway, I placed my order April 16th and have yet to hear anything about my order!! I called my dealer numerous times and he informed me that my order is in but has not been picked up by GM yet. This seems to be the case since April!! One thing that concerns me though is the fact that people on this forum are talking about a confirmation # for their order. I never received any confirmation # and I'm nervous that my car really wasn't ordered. I should be getting either the first of second of my dealer's regular allocation which means I probably won't be seeing my solstice for a while anyway but I don't even know for sure because I have no confirmation #. Is that something I will get when GM picks up my order or should I have it already?? This is my first new car and I have been saving up for it and praying that my current car lasts me until I get my solstice so this information is very important to me. Please, if you have any information about this please let me know! Thanks!! :(
just sent you a PM...hope it helps

·
Registered
905 Posts
That was only a couple miles from my house, the closest they've come so far :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
just got a call frum my dealer my car is built

#233 is on its way mysterious every thing except smkrs pkg & multi cd player ohio
TerpFan said:

·
Registered
39 Posts
I-95 South

TerpFan, if your car was built last Friday, the chances are good that one of these cars is yours. If it is let me know as I will be in NC this weekend.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I can see it now. Dozens of deprived and crazed Solstice buyers following every car transport headed out of Delaware! Maybe I part myself along I43 and see whats coming north! ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Keith said:
TerpFan, if your car was built last Friday, the chances are good that one of these cars is yours. If it is let me know as I will be in NC this weekend.
I wish, I wouldn't expect to see mine until middle to late September (according to my dealer). From what I understand these should be cars from the first build week (July 18 - 23).

·
Registered
105 Posts
SlipSlider said:
Sorry, but.. where might South on I-95 take them?
As stated else where I 95 is the north/south interstate along the east coast. But you can get on the main east/west interstates from the MD area.

Ok Nobody liked the camera idea. Don't those trucks have GPS so they can be tracked by the dispatcher? Don't want one to get hijacked!

·
Registered
936 Posts
TerpFan said:
Someone flag him down and tell him he is going the wrong way. Ohio is North west.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Adrenaline said:
That was only a couple miles from my house, the closest they've come so far :)
Ditto that! 95 is about 1.5 miles from my house! Hope springs ETERNAL!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts