Pontiac Solstice Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just talked to my dealer and he said that the target production dates did not take into account the two weeks that plant is shut down for the 4th of July holiday. So if you had a production date of July 18 (which a good majority of us did), the actual production date will be within two weeks of that date. Someone at the plant tracked my order and said that mine is one of the next in line to be built! Hope that is reliable information! :willy: :cheers: :D

As a side note, my dealer's district manager was recently at a meeting where they had a Solstice in every color available for viewing and the black with two tone leather was voted the most attractive - he said it looked incredible. Granted the Solstice is going to look good in any color, I am mighty happy that I ordered mine in black!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I never asked. He said that my production date of 7/18 was pulled, so he called to see what the deal was. It appears that happened to quite a few people (i.e., their codes were changing). He said that the person he talked to said that the production dates are set by a computer not a person and it did not take into account the two week shutdown around the 4th.

How do you find out if you have a VIN assigned and has anyone else gotten one?

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

radermkj said:
the black with two tone leather was voted the most attractive - he said it looked incredible. I am mighty happy that I ordered mine in black!
:cool: me too

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
radermkj said:
...they had a Solstice in every color available for viewing and the black with two tone leather was voted the most attractive - he said it looked incredible.
<Austin Powers voice> Yeah Baby :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
radermkj said:
Ithey had a Solstice in every color available for viewing and the black with two tone leather was voted the most attractive - he said it looked incredible. Granted the Solstice is going to look good in any color, I am mighty happy that I ordered mine in black!

Since mine will be deep (dark blue metallic) I hope that it is equally as nice, if not a close second to black.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Since we all knew about the two week shutdown of GM, I am not sure why their own system wouldn't. Hey, but computers are only as smart as the folks who program them.

Glad to see something real happening.

·
Registered
936 Posts
It frustrates me that I can't get a projected build date I would think that would be possible for all 1K.

·
Registered
100 Posts
VIN numbers

In the email the 1st 1000 received today it is stated that our dealers will have access to our VIN numbers when our vehicles are considered in transit to the dealerships.

·
Registered
54 Posts
radermkj said:
As a side note, my dealer's district manager was recently at a meeting where they had a Solstice in every color available for viewing and the black with two tone leather was voted the most attractive - he said it looked incredible. Granted the Solstice is going to look good in any color, I am mighty happy that I ordered mine in black!

I just spoke to my dealer and I am still coded 3400, no VIN yet but I also had a TPW of 7-18-05 back on 7-12-05.
Mine is Black with two tone Sand/Steel leather, The waiting is wearing me down. He also said they have a list of accesories that is going to be available from the dealership, Tonneau cover, Air box (he described it as the netting behind and between the seats similar to the Boxsters) Stainless exhaust tips and performance exhaust.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
ateam_77 said:
It frustrates me that I can't get a projected build date I would think that would be possible for all 1K.
I can't even get them to return a phone call....time for a surprise visit soon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
quick question

What screens are you guys getting your information from? Last week when I visited my dealership, they order system still did not have a tpw assigned...maybe I am having him look in the wrong place.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jeez,

We cant even get our backward dealer to talk to us about the order
system - he is stonewalling us with the company line that he cant get access to anything - why he doesn't bother logging in and checking defies explanation. This is one of these guys that needs to be right at any cost...sigh.

We did get the email today (that the rest of the First 1K received) so we talked to the GM at the dealership - we're leaning on them to change their approach and check the gosh darn system and keep us updated. Funny thing happened in that conversation the GM asked us to forward the First 1K email advising shipping as they hadn't heard anything today - SD is there anything I can point these bozos to that might get them up to speed?? This is painful!! :leaving:

Just sign us "Trying to get it to Play in Peoria"

Cheers!
TJ :leaving:

·
Registered
621 Posts
garytucker said:
What screens are you guys getting your information from? Last week when I visited my dealership, they order system still did not have a tpw assigned...maybe I am having him look in the wrong place.
My dealer has been checking GM Dealerworld and every Solstice in 300 mile radius (or whatever the max is) but mine is showing in the system. I take it either that's the wrong system or my order is lost in cyberspace.

·
5,641 Posts
Drex said:
My dealer has been checking GM Dealerworld and every Solstice in 300 mile radius (or whatever the max is) but mine is showing in the system. I take it either that's the wrong system or my order is lost in cyberspace.

:skep: If they are using something with miles, it would appear they are using the dealer locator function. Which doesn't show sold orders, even sold orders of the dealer doing the search.

They need to be in VOMS on the dealership GM server (or perhaps one of the new sales workbench functions on GM Dealerworld), to check status of an order.

·
5,641 Posts
TJ Klise said:
We cant even get our backward dealer to talk to us about the order
system - he is stonewalling us with the company line that he cant get access to anything - why he doesn't bother logging in and checking defies explanation. This is one of these guys that needs to be right at any cost...sigh.

We did get the email today (that the rest of the First 1K received) so we talked to the GM at the dealership - we're leaning on them to change their approach and check the gosh darn system and keep us updated. Funny thing happened in that conversation the GM asked us to forward the First 1K email advising shipping as they hadn't heard anything today - SD is there anything I can point these bozos to that might get them up to speed??
GM sent the email to the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices buyers. Dealer's didn't get copies.

The only way a dealer would know what is happening with shipping possibly starting next week is: 1) Bob Lutz's blog entry Monday Night (which may not come as a surprise but not everyone knows about the FastLane Blog or reads it), 2) a copy of their customer's eMail from Tuesday morning, 3) read the ad in US Today on Wendesday, 4) read this site, or 5) receive, read, and notice the line hidden in the large paragraph as the fifth item on last Thursday's summary memo.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Small Dealer said:
GM sent the email to the 1000 First 1000 Exclusive Retail Order Solstices buyers. Dealer's didn't get copies.

The only way a dealer would know what is happening with shipping possibly starting next week is: 1) Bob Lutz's blog entry Monday Night (which may not come as a surprise but not everyone knows about the FastLane Blog or reads it), 2) a copy of their customer's eMail from Tuesday morning, 3) read the ad in US Today on Wendesday, 4) read this site, or 5) receive, read, and notice the line hidden in the large paragraph as the fifth item on last Thursday's summary memo.
Thanks SD - Frankly amazing that the dealer is kept clueless, purported by design (looking for the logic in that) and then instruct us to go check with the dealer for order status, transit and VIN information to which my dealer responds "Pontiac isn't using the ordering system to track these cars - I don't know anything about what you're talking about." Does anyone find this interesting - Pontiac advises me to go see the dealer for more information so the dealer can tell me he won't get info until the car arrives...this is a bad interation of the keystone cops at work ;-)

My second question is, is the vehicle order management system the system to instruct my dealer to check or is it dealerworld or...? All I really want is a code update...

Thankfully we are patient types... ;-)
Thanks again SD,
TJ

·
5,641 Posts
TJ Klise said:
Frankly amazing that the dealer is kept clueless, purported by design (looking for the logic in that) and then instruct us to go check with the dealer for order status, transit and VIN information to which my dealer responds "Pontiac isn't using the ordering system to track these cars - I don't know anything about what you're talking about." Does anyone find this interesting - Pontiac advises me to go see the dealer for more information so the dealer can tell me he won't get info until the car arrives...this is a bad interation of the keystone cops at work ;-)

My second question is, is the vehicle order management system the system to instruct my dealer to check or is it dealerworld or...? All I really want is a code update...
Well I was responding to what I thought was a question about dealers not knowing when shippments would start.

But yes, Pontiac is right, the dealer is the source to check on order status infomation. Of course the major problem is that there is the is no new infomation. Orders spend alot of time sitting around doing nothing. Then a flurry of event codes before production starts. Sits a while. Then some codes when built. No really much happens on a day to day basis. And the dealer is somewhat right, GM has elected not to project and list Target Production Week info for the Solstice as they would with all other Pontiacs.

There are new updates to Dealerworld that may allow order tracking, but they haven't rolled out to the Northeast yet, so I am not sure how they might work. But they should still have access to GM VOMS through the indealership GM Server, and a showroom based PC Client.

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
One thing to note with dealers...they are very busy of late selling cars with this 2 month employee discount promotion. That's their #1 priority right now.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Selling they are

mceb said:
One thing to note with dealers...they are very busy of late selling cars with this 2 month employee discount promotion. That's their #1 priority right now.
my salesman handling all the solstices at the dealership called last night with an update....the dealership is primarily cadillac....he said they cant keep the Escalade on the lot right now with the discounts.....at 50-60K a clip....guess the gas prices dont matter if you want it...but he is also tracking his solstice orders closely...and not only his EOP customers...which is great....for his other solstice orders...#3 on his list here...with order submitted...but not picked up yet....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts