Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got off of the phone with my dealership, I've heard so much about the VOM# that I had to ask if I had one yet. He told me that he currently has 19 vehicles allocated to him but has yet to sell one of them. He did state that as of right now my vehicle does not have a VOM# but it is one of his 19 allocations. I thought that I had read earlier that people were already receiving their numbers....is this true? Could somebody please clarify whether or not I should have this number yet?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Just got off of the phone with my dealership, I've heard so much about the VOM# that I had to ask if I had one yet. He told me that he currently has 19 vehicles allocated to him but has yet to sell one of them. He did state that as of right now my vehicle does not have a VOM# but it is one of his 19 allocations. I thought that I had read earlier that people were already receiving their numbers....is this true? Could somebody please clarify whether or not I should have this number yet?
I have my VOM#...I got my dealer to sit down and put the order into the system, it spit out an order number which he faxed to me

I'd get him to give you the order number personally

·
Premium Member
7,210 Posts
Instead of the number I'd just sit with them and make sure your order into the system (if not they should enter it).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information

Because of the feedback that I receved on this thread, I went to my dealership this morning and insisted that he throw me a bone!!! :devil:
He finally did, he gave me a copy of my order including the Vehicle Order Number as well as a complete history of what has happened with my order since inception. :) I really don't understand the history thing or what it means but I was just glad to get it anyway.

Whats really scary is that because of this website, I was able to walk into the dealership and know more about the order and production etc.... than the dealership itself. I used that to my advantage when requesting this information....telling him of all of the other people from this site that already had numbers....the 3 picked vehicles etc....

They had no where to turn!!! I got my info, Now I know I have a car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Amen!

crj1949 said:
The way we have to get information from dealers and GM, we'll all have dental degrees when this is over!!!!!! :willy: :brentil: :leaving:
That is so true. And I am the one who knows the most about production issues at our dealership. I have received almost no info from GM except my allocation (1), specs and prices. Everyone who reads this: Please remember that your dealer is getting the typical GM trickle of information. Please call your contact with any GENUINE information you receive. It will help them help other customers.
Thank you.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Because of the feedback that I receved on this thread, I went to my dealership this morning and insisted that he throw me a bone!!! :devil:
He finally did, he gave me a copy of my order including the Vehicle Order Number as well as a complete history of what has happened with my order since inception. :) I really don't understand the history thing or what it means but I was just glad to get it anyway.

Whats really scary is that because of this website, I was able to walk into the dealership and know more about the order and production etc.... than the dealership itself. I used that to my advantage when requesting this information....telling him of all of the other people from this site that already had numbers....the 3 picked vehicles etc....

They had no where to turn!!! I got my info, Now I know I have a car.
Good job! Now you have peace of mind! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
mceb said:
Instead of the number I'd just sit with them and make sure your order into the system (if not they should enter it).

This is what I did right after EOP ended. As of yet the order has not been picked up by GM but it is in the order bank.
I think that I have done what should be done at this point :skep: I hope i'm right...don't want any delays that I could do something about.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vehicle Order Number

Skidpad said:
This is what I did right after EOP ended. As of yet the order has not been picked up by GM but it is in the order bank.
I think that I have done what should be done at this point :skep: I hope i'm right...don't want any delays that I could do something about.

Thats the same situation as mine....order is in; with my name attached to the order!!!

Not just a piece of mind....Boy did it take a load off my shoulders.

·
Premium Member
5,691 Posts
Roadster1 said:
You should get your dealer to 1. join here 2. pm Troy and get set up as supporting dealer; then he would be able to sell the other 18 of his allocation overnight.

Allocations are funny things. Without orders against them nothing happens, no cars get produced. At the very least for an allocation to produce a car the dealer has to enter a stock order.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Roadster1 said:
He told me that he currently has 19 vehicles allocated to him but has yet to sell one of them.
How about posting the city and state your dealer is in so that some people still looking for cars may be able to contact them and arrange a purchase and have it delivered to their local dealer. I understand a lot of people out there are trying to track down dealers with available cars, but not having any luck.

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
I am not sure we want Roadster1 to get so specific with the dealer, since such a post would in essence constitute "commercial posting" which is against forum rules. However, if Roadster1 doesn't mind, people could contact him through PM and ask him about the dealer. I don't think i wouldn't be fair to the forum's supporting dealer to give out a bread crumb trail.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Fformula88 said:
I am not sure we want Roadster1 to get so specific with the dealer, since such a post would in essence constitute "commercial posting" which is against forum rules. However, if Roadster1 doesn't mind, people could contact him through PM and ask him about the dealer. I don't think i wouldn't be fair to the forum's supporting dealer to give out a bread crumb trail.
True, but anybody can post their city and state, so that shouldn't be a problem and it would give people enough to be able to track down his dealer if they really wanted to, without actually "advertising" for that dealer. Of course, I would recommend contacting our supporting dealer first, but I have to assume he's out of his Solstice allocation by now. I tried asking that in another thread, but never heard anything ... does he still have any Sols to sell? If not, I doubt he would mind people helping to find available cars. But it's not my call to make, so whatever the mods decide is fine with me.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry, it appears that my brain thought 1 thing...

Sorry, it appears that my brain thought 1 thing, but my fingers typed it to sound different ;) . My dealer has an allocation of 19 vehicles....he has sold all but one of them. In fact when I was in there the other day, he sounded like he had a sale on the last one.

Hey, afterall I knew exactly what I was TRYING??? to say....sorry for the confusion....I was just so excited to have the numbers. :grouphug:

·
Mod Emeritus
7,468 Posts
Roadster1 said:
Sorry, it appears that my brain thought 1 thing, but my fingers typed it to sound different ;) . My dealer has an allocation of 19 vehicles....he has sold all but one of them. In fact when I was in there the other day, he sounded like he had a sale on the last one.

Hey, afterall I knew exactly what I was TRYING??? to say....sorry for the confusion....I was just so excited to have the numbers. :grouphug:

Looks like the advertising issue is a moot point now anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts