Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
0612201307~2.jpg

Is this the bottom hose for the radiator? We want to flush it without using the petcock, Thank you so much in advance!!

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
The bottom hose is on the drivers side of the radiator near the bottom of the radiator. It is about 1 1/2" dia.Be sure you don't want to use the petcock. That hose is expensive and sometimes hard to find a new one if it is damaged or cracked when removed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bottom hose is on the drivers side of the radiator near the bottom of the radiator. It is about 1 1/2" dia.Be sure you don't want to use the petcock. That hose is expensive and sometimes hard to find a new one if it is damaged or cracked when removed.
So it is not the thing I circled with the blue circle? The right side of the photo is the driver's side

·
Premium Member
1,122 Posts
Looks like a power steering hose, but I might be way off? I'll check when I get home.

Edit - I looked at your pic a second time, I don't think its power steering.

·
Premium Member
1,269 Posts
The small aluminum hose you circled is either the air conditioning hose or the power steering hose. The lower radiator hose is the one I have circled in red. It runs from the bottom of the radiator along the length of the engine on the drivers side and turns behind the engine and goes up to the thermostat housing. It is a black hose about 11/2" to 2" on diameter. Not small like the one you have circled.

Just curious but why not use the plastic petcock at the bottom of the radiator on the passenger side?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts